Bon vital’ original massage lotionIt is hypo-allergenic and is unlikely to cause an allergic reaction
It is paraben-free, gluten-free, and no animal products are used in manufacturing
It is cruelty-free and no testing is done on animals
It is water dispersible and easily washes out of linens and clothes
This is one of the best massage lotions for relaxation and pain relief
You can also attach a pump to it for more convenience
Relax therapeutic massage lotionIt is made with natural ingredients and is 60% organic
It has a lavender aroma and it is the best massage lotion for couples
This lotion is cruelty-free and is never tested on animals
It is paraben-free and it does not contain phthalates
You can use it for all kinds of massages like deep-tissue, aromatherapy, hot stone, etc
It is a hypoallergenic lotion, which can also be used as a face cream
AmLactin daily moisturizing body lotionIt is the best massage lotion for sensitive skin
It contains a blend of light mineral oils that deeply hydrate the skin
It is recommended by the top dermatologists for rough and uneven skin
It has good coverage and is best for broad body application
It locks the moistures and keeps the skin hydrated for a long time
It is not greasy and it does not have any fragrance
Curel ultra healing intensive lotionIt is recommended by dermatologists and contains no added fragrance
It is irritant-free and does not contain any dyes or synthetic colors
It is free from lanolin, soy, nickel, and topical antibiotic
This ultra-healing lotion is the best massage lotion for sore muscles
It is not greasy at all and does not clog the pores either
It is proven to give instant results and provides relief from tight skin and muscles
Biotone dual-purpose massage crèmeIt is free from parabens that increase cellular damage and damage the skin
It is cruelty-free and is never tested on animals
It is the best massage lotion for massage therapists
It does not contain any irritants or harmful acids
It is formulized from the nourishing botanical extracts
It is creamy and glides easily, which is good for clients with more body hair
Remedy dermatology series body lotionIt is free from parabens that cause skin damage and cancer and it’s also gluten-free
It is unscented for people who may be allergic to fragrances
This is the best body massage lotion and it is suitable for sensitive skin
It has a smooth consistency and does not feel greasy on the skin
It is hypoallergenic and does not cause any reactions on the skin
It is a purifying lotion with a silky texture that is safe on a baby’s skin
Sacred earth botanicals lotion
Foster lavender mojito massage lotion
You want your skin to look good and when you buy a lotion you want the best results. With the best massage lotions, your skin will glow and stay hydrated at all times. Some lotions are scented and they make you smell nice. One naturally feels confident when they look nice and smell good too! Most massage therapists prefer lotion better than oils because they do not feel greasy. Lotions are light and hydrate as much as oils do without feeling slimy. Best massage lotions penetrate the skin and moisturize it properly. It makes the skin look younger in return. Lotions also contain vitamins and other compounds like vitamin D, vitamin E, green tea extracts, shea butter, aloe vera, etc. which are beneficial for the skin.
Best massage lotions can also heal skin conditions and repair damaged skin. There are some lotions that contain jojoba oil and other oils that retain more moisture. It is like getting an oil massage without the greasiness. Lotions are widely used by massage therapists because they are not sticky and they do not mat the body’s hair.
The best massage lotions seep into the skin for deep-tissue massages. They provide relaxation and help with mental and physical stress. They are smooth and glide easily on the skin. Lotions lock the moisture in the skin and do not allow them to vaporize. They are especially useful in winters when the skin gets dry and flaky. It also does not leave a stain on clothes and linens as oils do.
- 1 Best Massage Lotions – Buyer’s Guide
- 2 Best Massage Lotions Reviews
- 3 Best Massage Lotion For Couples
- 4 Best Massage Lotion For Sensitive Skin
- 5 Best Massage Lotion For Sore Muscles
- 6 Best Massage Lotion For Massage Therapists
- 7 Best Body Massage Lotion
- 8 Best Edible Massage Lotion
- 9 Best Organic Massage Lotion
- 10 Frequently asked questions
Best Massage Lotions – Buyer’s Guide
Before buying the best massage lotions, you should consider some things like your skin type and its ingredients. There are five important factors to consider, which are mentioned in detail below:
- Consistency-A lotion has a thick consistency so you don’t need to apply it in high quantity. This saves money and time. You don’t have to reapply it for a whole day. If the lotion is runny and has almost liquid consistency then it will not penetrate properly. You will also need to apply it more in order to moisturize the skin properly. Lotions with thicker consistency form a barrier and do not let the moisture escape. So keep in mind that the lotion you buy has a thick consistency and it is not runny.
- Ingredients-A lotion not only hydrates the skin, but also repairs the skin damage and heals it. And this is possible because of the ingredients in it. The ingredients of your lotion are very important because they determine whether the lotion is safe to use. The lotion you get should not contain alcohol in a high amount because it makes the skin dry. Also, make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients. If your lotion contains natural oils then great because they hydrate faster. Check to see if ingredients like aloe vera or cocoa butter are present because they relieve the pain of dry and cracked skin.
- Skin texture-Every person has a different skin type. Some of you may live in hot areas and have dry skin. Some of you may be living in humid places and have a different skin texture. The weather of a place affects the condition of your skin. If something works for someone then it does not mean that it will give you the same results too. If you have sensitive skin then you need a lotion that is free from chemicals and is dermatologically tested. A hydrating lotion with mineral oils will be good for dry skin. If the lotion is organic and is made from the goodness of nature then it is good for repairing damaged skin and healing.
- Benefits-A lotion has many health benefits that should not be left unseen. If you do not apply lotion for a few days then you will start to see the difference. Your skin will look dull and it will become dry. The best massage lotions restore the quality of the skin and make it glow. Your skin quality will increase and it will stay hydrated. Lotions also contain vitamin D which strengthens the bones and fights off diseases. The antioxidants present in the lotion protect the skin cells. Things like glycerine lock the moisture and make it last for a whole day.
- Authenticity-With so many new brands available one may get confused as to which one is the real deal. A product from a high-end brand does not always suit your needs. But you need to make sure that the product you buy is authentic and not just some fake product masquerading as the real one. That is why checking out the reviews section is important. If other people are facing problems and are satisfied with the product then chances are that the product has low quality. If it has a low rating and bad reviews then it is not worth buying.
Best Massage Lotions Reviews
We have selected the 8 best massage lotions for different skin types. All of them have stellar ratings and reviews and they all come from trusted sources.
Bon vital’ is the most trusted brand by massage therapists. They are high-quality products and preferred by professionals. This massaging lotion can provide relief from sore muscles. It is highly moisturizing and repairs damaged skin. This lotion is very light and made from a non-greasy formula. If the lotion feels cold on your skin then you can warm it a little. Its consistency is not affected by the warmer at all.
You can also use it at home for neck or back massages. A good massage will increase the blood flow and loosen the tight knots in your body. It is very beneficial for the skin because it is made from only natural plant-based ingredients and natural oils. It is made from a blend of sunflower seed oil, olive oil, soybean oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, etc. Jojoba oil is antibacterial and antioxidant. It is non-comedogenic and does not clog the pores. It also boosts collagen synthesis and reduces wrinkles.
Olive oil is known to moisturize and hydrate the skin. It fights off bacteria and reduces acne. Arnica reduces inflammation and swelling. It is also helpful in the treatment of burns. It contains cucumber extract, which reduces irritation and inflammations. It acts as an antioxidant that diminishes the signs of aging.
It also has a cooling effect, which is helpful in the treatment of burns. There is ivy extract in this lotion, which stimulates blood circulation. It is also an antiseptic. This lotion has a slight fragrance.
- It is hypo-allergenic and is unlikely to cause an allergic reaction.
- It is paraben-free, gluten-free, and no animal products are used in manufacturing.
- It is cruelty-free and no testing is done on animals.
- It is water dispersible and easily washes out of linens and clothes.
- This is one of the best massage lotions for relaxation and pain relief.
- You can also attach a pump to it for more convenience.
Best Massage Lotion For Couples
The Relax therapeutic lotion, as the name says, provides a relaxing experience. This massage lotion is long-lasting and glides smoothly. It has good coverage and a little goes a long way. You can use it at home for massages and you can use it without a professional. It contains a blend of essential oils that soothe your body and mind.
The sweet almond oil is a good moisturizer and penetrates quickly. It has a high concentration of vitamin E that prevents sun damage and diminishes scars. The safflower oil protects the skin from flaking. It also has skin lightening properties. The sunflower oil is rich in vitamins A and E, which keep the skin healthy and regenerate skin cells. It will release your stress and make you relax. It feels pleasant on the skin and does not dry off or leave a residue after the massage.
If you have dry skin then this will work wonders for you. One silky smooth massage from this will make your skin softer than before and it will only get better with daily use. You should try this if you are experiencing stiffness and pain in your body. It contains lavender oil, which has a calming effect and its scent is also very soothing. It is known to ease tension and stiffness in joints. It also contains peppermint oil, which loosens the tight muscles. The lotion also has a hint of peppermint aroma. The scent is not overpowering and it has a spa-like feeling to it!
- It is made with natural ingredients and is 60% organic.
- It has a lavender aroma and it is the best massage lotion for couples.
- This lotion is cruelty-free and is never tested on animals.
- It is paraben-free and it does not contain phthalates.
- You can use it for all kinds of massages like deep-tissue, aromatherapy, hot stone, etc.
- It is a hypoallergenic lotion, which can also be used as a face cream.
Best Massage Lotion For Sensitive Skin
AmLactin is not like other lotions. It moisturizes the body but it also gently exfoliates the skin. There are some lotions that only smooth the skin for a short while and the skin becomes dry again. You need to apply and reapply regularly. But the AmLactin lotion softens the skin and makes it even. Your skin will never get rough again.
It contains 12% lactic acid, which is neutralized with ammonium hydroxide. Lactic acid is in itself a mild acid so you don’t need to worry about it. Lactic acid has many skin benefits. It brightens the skin and reduces the effects of hyperpigmentation and melasma. It reduces the appearance of scars, spots, and fine lines on the skin. It also improves your skin tone and reduces pores.
You will get glowing, healthy skin with an even complexion. This product is great for dry skin and sensitive skin too. It does not contain any synthetic colors or dyes. It is free from parabens and all common preservatives. There is no allergy-causing ingredient so you do not have to worry about redness or swelling. It is considered to be teen-safe, baby-safe, and lip-safe. It does not have any gluten, coconut, soy, or nickel. It has a pump dispenser, which is very convenient.
It has a smooth and creamy consistency, which does not feel chalky at all. It absorbs quickly and relieves dryness and flakiness. If you have skin conditions like keratosis pilaris or eczema then you should definitely give this a try. It will significantly make a difference. There are many customers with the same conditions who will attest to this!
- It is the best massage lotion for sensitive skin.
- It contains a blend of light mineral oils that deeply hydrate the skin.
- It is recommended by the top dermatologists for rough and uneven skin.
- It has good coverage and is best for broad body applications.
- It locks the moisture and keeps the skin hydrated for a long time.
- It is not greasy and it does not have any fragrance.
Best Massage Lotion For Sore Muscles
As you know by now, a good lotion is a key to healthy skin. If your skin is left to dry then you face some skin problems in the long run. To protect your skin, this lotion locks the moisture in the skin by creating a moisture barrier. The skin barrier does not let the moisture to fade with time. It seals it in and keeps the skin hydrated for a long time.
Healthy skin contains ceramides, natural lipids in the body that glue the skin cells together. They form a protective layer and retain maximum moisture. But the ceramides get depleted due to sun damage and aging. Due to this, the skin becomes dry, flaky, and damaged. The Curèl massage lotion is enriched with a ceramide complex. It seeps into the skin and replenishes the ceramide levels. They form a moisture barrier again and repair the dry skin. They hydrate the skin again and give you healthy and younger skin again.
It contains pro-vitamin B5, which keeps the skin smooth and healthy. It is highly hydrating. It retains moisture from the air to keep the skin hydrated! It is an anti-aging element and it also repairs the skin barrier. The eucalyptus leaf extract naturally boosts the ceramide levels in the skin and strengthens the moisture barrier. Shea butter has a high concentration of vitamins. It prevents inflammations and has healing qualities. It softens the skin and makes it even-toned. This lotion can repair extra dry skin two times better than any other lotion.
- It is recommended by dermatologists and contains no added fragrance.
- It is irritant-free and does not contain any dyes or synthetic colors.
- It is free from lanolin, soy, nickel, and topical antibiotic.
- This ultra-healing lotion is the best massage lotion for sore muscles.
- It is not greasy at all and does not clog the pores either.
- It is proven to give instant results and provides relief from tight skin and muscles.
Best Massage Lotion For Massage Therapists
Biotone is a very famous brand among professionals. It has been tested time and time again and has always yielded good results. The tubes in which they come are refillable. They are available in various sizes. The lotion is water dispersible, which means it can be easily washed off from linens and clothes. It is used by therapists to relieve the tightness of muscles.
It is very creamy but it does not leave any residue on the skin. And the best part is that it does not dry out! This product is not scented. It does not contain gluten, soy, nickel, and synthetic dyes. It is also free from propylene glycol which can irritate sensitive skin. It has arnica extract in it, which is an anti-inflammatory ingredient and is known to provide relief from pain.
It heals wounds and soothes muscle aches. It has ivy extract, which is typically present in most of the best massage lotions. It is known for its antibacterial properties, which boosts the skin condition by repelling infection-causing bacteria. It reduces the appearance of cellulite. Ivy extract also makes the skin smoother and relieves itchy skin.
This lotion also contains a blend of natural oils. Coconut oil replenishes the water content in the skin and heals the cracks. It contains lipids that restore the skin barrier and helps it to retain moisture. The almond oil extract, which prevents acne and sun damage. It reduces redness and puffiness. Almond oil also improves the skin tone and complexion. It also contains glycerine that contains vitamins A and C and is used to treat burns.
- It is free from parabens that increase cellular damage and damage the skin.
- It is cruelty-free and is never tested on animals.
- It is the best massage lotion for massage therapists.
- It does not contain any irritants or harmful acids.
- It is formulized from the nourishing botanical extracts.
- It is creamy and glides easily, which is good for clients with more body hair.
Best Body Massage Lotion
This massage lotion is dermatology-tested to provide the utmost skincare. It lasts for up to 24 hours. Moisturized skin is healthy skin. You need to apply lotion every day to maintain the skin barrier. Our skin loses water throughout the day due to sweating and heat. When the moisture level decreases, the natural lipids and oils in our body also decrease. This weakens the moisture barrier and the skin becomes dry. Your skin may get cracked and become uneven.
This lotion replenishes the moisture in your skin and it seeps deep into the very last layer. Your skin will stay moisturized for a whole day and will not cause you any discomfort. It boosts the healing process in the body. It has a balanced pH and it does not contain any sulfates, phthalates, and aloe. It is free from all possible irritants and acids and it does not contain allergy-causing ingredients. This lotion is also safe to use for people with eczema and sensitive skin conditions.
It is made from a mixture of botanical extracts and vitamins that nourish the skin and improve its quality. It contains safflower oleosomes, which provide lasting nourishment. They reduce inflammations and soothe dry skin. Safflower oil also contains vitamin E, which is an anti-oxidant and protects the skin from sun damage. The green tea extract reduces acne and makes you look younger. It can also reduce the risk of melanoma and non-melanoma cancer.
- It is free from parabens that cause skin damage and cancer and it’s also gluten-free.
- It is unscented for people who may be allergic to fragrances,
- This is the best body massage lotion and it is suitable for sensitive skin.
- It has a smooth consistency and does not feel greasy on the skin.
- It is hypoallergenic and does not cause any reactions on the skin.
- It is a purifying lotion with a silky texture that is safe on a baby’s skin.
Best Edible Massage Lotion
It is a wonderful massage lotion that is made from a blend of botanical extracts. It is certified vegan and is gluten-free. It is free from common allergens and that is why it can be used by anyone. All the ingredients are grown organically. They are not sprayed with synthetic pesticides and fertilizers. It is an environment-friendly product.
It is made from a blend of organic botanicals and oils for extra lubrication. The chamomile extract is anti-inflammatory and has antioxidant properties. It relieves the skin from irritation and it lightens the spots on the skin. It is good for skin conditions like rosacea and eczema. It prevents breakouts and speeds up the healing process. The arnica flower extract soothes the skin and relieves muscle aches.
It rejuvenates the skin and cleanses it. It is commonly used for swelling and injuries. Glycerine, as you know, is a well-known hydrating agent. It softens the skin and heals cracked skin. It works well for chapped and dry skin. This lotion contains plant-derived natural glycerine, which retains moisture in the skin. This lotion is rich in vitamins A and C and contains aloe vera. Aloe is an antioxidant. It is used to reduce acne and treat burns. It also acts as a protective layer on the skin and locks in the moisture.
The sunflower oil is enriched with vitamin A and vitamin E. It regenerates skin cells and is also an antioxidant. It has antibacterial properties that repel acne-causing bacteria. This oil is light and non-greasy. So the lotion does not leave any residue and does not clog the pores either. The lotion glides smoothly and lasts longer. It penetrates the skin and is suitable for deeper modalities too.
- It is free from nut oils for anyone who is allergic to it.
- It contains no animal products and is 100% cruelty-free.
- It has a thick consistency, which is somewhere between a lotion and oil.
- It is the best edible massage lotion.
- It is made from organic products keeping in mind the environmental conditions.
- It does not contain any synthetic fragrances, dyes, parabens, soy, and coconut.
Best Organic Massage Lotion
It is the best massage lotions, which is also active in charitable activities. It has a thin consistency and glides like an oil. It is made from a combination of organic lubricants and can be used for all types of massages. This all-purpose lotion is used for all modalities like hot stone, Swedish massage, deep-tissue massage, sports, cupping, etc. It is paraben-free.
It does not have any synthetic dyes and fragrances. It only has a natural lavender scent, which comes from essential oils. It is made from argan oil, which treats acne and diminishes the signs of aging. It acts as a sunscreen and protects from sun damage. It moisturizes the skin and heals wounds too. Argan oil has a soothing effect on the skin.
It contains silk amino acids, which reduces fine lines and wrinkles. They rejuvenate the skin and hydrate the skin tissues. They have a silky smooth texture that improves skin texture. They build proteins and peptides that make the skin healthier than ever before. The silicone present in the lotion gives it an extra slide. Silicones also create a moisture barrier on the skin. Foster lotion contains natural ingredients like shea butter, green tea extracts, glycerine, aloe, spearmint leaf oil, and many more. The peppermint essential oil is a natural cleanser.
It has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. It keeps away acne-causing bacteria. It also has a cooling effect that soothes the skin from irritation. Shea butter consists of a high concentration of vitamin E, which helps with discoloration of the skin and improves the skin tone. Glycerine hydrates the skin and seals the moisture in. Green tea leaf extracts make you look younger and softens your skin. Aloe vera makes the lotion anti-inflammatory and is rich in vitamins A and C.
- The best part about foster is that it gives 10% of annual profits to children’s charities.
- It is a non-greasy lotion that glides smoothly on the skin.
- It is water dispersible and can be easily washed from linens and clothes.
- It is the best organic massage lotion.
- It has a lavender mojito and a peppermint scent that is good for aromatherapy.
- It is cruelty-free and is not tested on animals.
Frequently asked questions
Is oil or lotion better for massages?
Whenever you enter a massage parlor they ask you if you prefer oil or lotion. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Best massage lotions provide hydration and softness but oils can retain more moisture. Massage oils form a lipid barrier that does not let the moisture escape. Best massage lotions penetrate the skin, oils, on the other hand, feel greasy and sticky.
Oils are warm and feel pleasant on the skin. Best massage lotions can feel cold to some people and that is why therapists warm the lotion before applying. Naturals oils are non-comedogenic and do not clog the pores. They also prevent breakouts. Lotions are rich in vitamins and contain natural ingredients like shea butter, green tea extracts, aloe vera, keratin, etc.
What is massage lotion?
A massage lotion is a lubricant used by therapists to give you massages. It is a substitute for massage oils. A lotion gets absorbed quickly than oils and instantly relieves the stress. It can be used for different modalities like deep-tissue massage, hot stone, Swedish, sports, cupping, etc. They contain essential oils and are rich in vitamins.
They have anti-inflammatory properties. They contain ingredients like keratin, aloe vera, glycerine, shea butter, cocoa butter, etc. The organic botanical extract soothes the skin and diminishes the signs of aging. A well-done massage will give you relief from muscle aches and release the tension from your body. Best massage lotions is good for the skin and does not leave any residue behind.
What does warming massage lotion do?
You must apply lotion to your skin because it needs hydration. But some people find normal lotions to be cold against their skin. If you leave your skin unattended for too long then it will start to crack and look parched. But now you don’t have to worry about getting frostbite during winters from cold lotion. A warming lotion gives you a heating sensation when applied, which provides better relaxation and pain relief. Sacred earth botanicals lotion is a warming lotion that contains organic oils and menthol crystals. They create a heating sensation and the heat boosts the blood circulation in the body. It can be used for a full body massage or spot treatment. The heat relaxes the body instantly and soothes aching muscles.
What is the best use for massage gels?
A massage gel is yet another lubricant used by therapists for massages. Gels are used for people with tight muscles. They target the muscles deeply. A heating sensation generates from the friction due to rubbing gel that provides deep relaxation. A massage gel can be used for hot stone, deep-tissue massage, and sports massage.
Gels have a thinner consistency than oils and lotion. They have an almost liquid texture, which results in faster massage therapy. When the therapist’s massage at a faster rate more heat is generated that relieves pain faster. A gel stays on the body for a long time and it saves money and time. You don’t need to apply it again and again. They glide smoothly and are better suited for dry skin. They also don’t matt the body hair.
What is the difference between massage creams and lotion?
For keeping your body soft and moisturized you need to use lotion or cream. Lotion and creams both have water content, which is not present in oils. A massage lotion has higher water content than a massage cream. A massage cream has higher oil content than a massage lotion. And that is why a massage cream glides more smoothly than a massage lotion.
But the higher oil content makes a massage cream more greasy and sticky. Massage lotions are absorbed quickly and do not leave any residue behind. Massage creams have a thicker consistency than a massage lotion. A lotion has a lower viscosity than a cream. They both provide hydration and prevent dryness in the skin. They both form a moisture barrier that the moisture in the skin.
What is the best massage lotion to use?
Best massage lotions has many benefits. It moisturizes the skin and relieves pain from the muscles. You always buy the best possible thing for you and your skin also deserves the best. The Bon Vital’ original lotion is the best massage lotion and is enriched with natural plant-based ingredients. It consists of essential oils like sunflower oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, avocado oil, etc.
It also contains organic botanical extracts like arnica, cucumber, ivy leaf, etc. It can loosen the tight body muscles and increase blood flow. You can use it for many modalities. It is highly moisturizing and repairs damaged skin. It is hypoallergenic and is free of most irritants. It is paraben-free, cruelty-free, and gluten-free. It is also water-dispersible.