The urban lifestyle has always been associated with chaos. In cities, a place where hours feel like minutes, it becomes nearly impossible for a person to spare time for gyms or go out for a walk in a park. The hecticness of this urban lifestyle made the world accept the magnificence of yoga.
Most young yoga enthusiasts believe in beginning the practice by resorting to the best yoga wheel as these have been proven to be pretty effective in achieving the posture necessary for performing advanced Asanas. Besides, these Asanas offer a bunch of health benefits, it becomes quite difficult for beginners to perform them without external support.
The world has accepted yoga to be a stream of health benefits. So, before talking about yoga wheels, let’s see what all yoga has to offer.
Yoga – The Benefits
Yoga – a divine way of bringing out spirituality and peace of mind. Besides enriching the body with the utmost positivity, yoga has several other advantages that forced the world to accept it as a recognized practice. Some of these are listed below.
- Known for improving strength and balancing out the body structure
- Shows outstanding results in relieving back-related issues
- Offers a significant reduction in cardiac diseases
- It improves sleep and relieves stress
- Reduces the symptoms of arthritis
The Best Yoga wheels – The Reasons Behind Their Popularity
Undeniably, yoga wheels don’t look much comfortable, do they? These circular-shaped props help the user to perform advanced Asanas by rolling the spine. But are the benefits of the yoga wheel confined just to this? Definitely not! These props confer several other advantages to the users, which are also the reasons that make them pretty sought-after among yoga practitioners.
The best yoga wheel has the following advantages.
1. Stretching out the whole body
Stretching has been proven in reducing injuries to an appreciable extent. A yoga wheel will immediately stretch out your whole body from shoulders and chest to thighs and hips. This will ensure an optimum blood flow in these parts, providing an enhancement in the user’s performance. Also, this helps in preventing injuries.
2. A thorough massage
The design of the best yoga wheel will give a deep and thorough massage to the user, which relaxes the muscles to no extent.
3. Advanced postures
Yoga wheels take yoga practitioners into a whole new league by helping them practice advanced Asanas or postures, especially forearm balances, backbends, and other heart-opening postures.
Best Yoga Wheel – Buying Guide
Like every sports equipment, a yoga wheel also comes in different varieties, and definitely, every variety is not the best-suited variety for you. Here are some salient aspects that may help you choose the best yoga wheel for you.
Padding plays a vital role in influencing the comfort level offered by a cork yoga wheel. Yoga wheels equipment with thick padding on the outer part provides much higher comfort than those with thinner padding.
Durability is yet another factor influencing a buyer’s decision regarding yoga wheels. A yoga wheel should be strong enough to endure the weight of a person. Some cork yoga wheels can endure weights up to 600 lbs.
3. Sweat resistance
Yoga is undoubtedly the best physical activity to improve blood flow and cardiac health. In fact, 15 minutes of serious yoga can make you sweat heavily, and thus, your yoga wheel should be sweat resistant so that you do need not to wash it after every session.
4. Odor resistance
Besides being sweat-resistant, a yoga wheel should not retain odor and remain fresh during the session. You may need to wash your yoga wheel if it’s not odor resistant. Besides being sweat-resistant, the material should also be microbial-proof to ensure the utmost hygiene.
Best Yoga Wheels Reviews
Scouting for a yoga wheel and can’t find a perfect one? This confusion is quite common as finding a perfect yoga wheel has much more than meets the eye. Thus, to ease the process, here are some popular yoga wheels that are ruling the markets for yoga wheels.
Ruling the industry since 2014, Dharma yoga wheels are among the best yoga wheels a practitioner can ever get. The product shows proven results in enhancing flexibility, endurance, and balance along with the reliance on Dharma. The wheel stretches the user’s body from the hip and abdomen to the chest, back, and shoulders.
- The product is extremely compact, possessing dimensions of 12 x 12 x 6 cm and a weight of 3.22 lbs.
- The US-manufactured wheel possesses the utmost durability with its rock-solid design capable of withstanding weight up to 550 lbs.
- Extremely effective in activating and strengthening your back muscles and the core.
- The wheel passes through numerous quality checks to ensure the best quality for the buyers.
2. UpCircleSeven yoga wheel
Talking about insanely perfect yoga wheels and the name UpCircleSeven doesn’t pop up seems pretty unrealistic. The wheel could gain immense popularity in an extremely short period due to its elegant design and vibrant shades at impressive prices.
- UpCircleSeven claims its yoga wheel to be the strongest in the market, offering tested endurance of 550 lbs.
- With dimensions of 12 x 5, the extra-thick anti-microbial padding (the thickest in the market) is known for providing extensive comfort to the user.
- The cork yoga wheel is manufactured out of specialized TPE padding, which is known for its terrific sweat and odor resistance that keeps it fresh during every session.
- The build material is eco-friendly.
3. Reehut yoga wheel
The Reehut yoga wheel is among the most popular yoga wheel back crack equipment as its build material helps the user to stretch the back and shoulder ligaments by fitting into the curve of the back. Users claim the yoga wheel to be extremely comfortable because of its thick padding and strong build material.
- The hybrid TPE coating and thick cushioning on the yoga wheel are extremely effective in enhancing the comfort of the user.
- The anti-slip sweat-resistant material prevents moisture accumulation and is much easier to clean.
- The stretchable material helps the user stretch every part of his/her body, hips, abdomen, back, chest, or shoulders.
4. Gaiam yoga wheel
The gaiam yoga wheel is yet another tough competitor for other yoga wheel equipment manufacturers. Known for its handcrafted yoga wheels, Gaiam’s wheel offers the ideal dimensions i.e. 5” W along with a diameter of 12 inches that helps the user achieve the most challenging postures.
- Ideal for trying new backbends and other advanced yoga postures
- Proven results in relaxing the body through padded massage
- Premium 5 mm build material known for its no-slip property
5. Yoga Design Lab PU wheel mandala night
Yoga Design Lab’s PU Mandala night is a yoga wheel with the most exotic design, allowing it to stand out among other brands. The compact design of the product (13.19 x 5.31 x 13.19 inches) facilitates the owner to carry it comfortably.
- Yoga Design Lab’s trust provides the most durable yoga back wheel that can carry up to 550 lbs
- 10% off on purchasing 2 or more products from the brand’s website
- Recommended by advanced-level yoga practitioners
- A comprehensive posture guide is included with the packaging
- USD 1 goes to the youth yoga program on every purchase from YDL’s website
6. BodyGood cork yoga wheel
BodyGood’s cork yoga wheel is known for its anti-microbial cork body that ensures maximum hygiene by preventing the building up of microbes due to sweating. The product offers heavy padding underneath the cork as the brand doesn’t like compromising comfort level.
- One of the best yoga wheels for beginners
- Elegance in every bit with the most premium cork coating
- Can withstand extreme weight with a capacity of 500 lbs.
- An extremely affordable, value-for-money product, especially for beginners.
- BodyGood cork yoga wheel comes with one year warranty.
- The product offers three styles to choose from.
7. Mindful yoga wheel
The mindful yoga wheel is undoubtedly one of the most minimalistic yoga wheels you’ll find in the market. The product doesn’t possess gaudy designs or frills but is filled with elegance because of its soft colors and minimalistic design. The brand is quite popular among yoga enthusiasts and has been rated as “value for money” by the majority of customers.
- Durable material that can support up to 500 lbs suitable for tough backbends and deep stretches, helping the user to attain magnificent flexibility.
- An environment-friendly product made from eco-friendly TPE coating
- Known for reducing muscle tension and pain
- The ideal size (12 x 5) makes it extremely easy to carry because of its compactness and lightweight.
- Rated 5 stars by over 100 customers on Amazon
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Q1. What is the best yoga wheel?
Ans1. The dharma yoga wheel is the best yoga wheel for beginners, intermediate, or advanced yoga practitioners. The yoga wheel is a manufacturer in the US. Made for the most challenging yoga poses, the product possesses magnificent durability with a capacity of withstanding up to 550 lbs. Compactness is yet another appreciable highlight of the product. The dharma yoga wheel is extremely compact, helping the owner to carry it to parks, yoga centers, or wherever they want.
Q2. Is the Dharma yoga wheel worth it?
Ans2. Undoubtedly, the Dharma yoga wheel is among the best yoga wheels a yoga practitioner can get. Manufactured in the US, the best-seller yoga wheel is sweat and odor resistant and can endure weight up to 550 lbs. The product passes through several quality checks and hours of consultation with yoga experts before the product reaches the market. The brand also offers a money-back guarantee if the buyer isn’t satisfied with the product.
Q3. What size yoga wheels are the best?
Ans3. The market is inundated with yoga wheels of various sizes, the largest ones possessing a diameter of 15 inches. Most of experienced yoga practitioners claim 12 inches to be the ideal diameter for a yoga wheel. But again, this depends on the user’s height and flexibility. If 12 inches feel uncomfortable, no need to worry as you can find cork yoga wheels with a diameter as small as 6 inches.
Q4. How do I choose a yoga wheel?
Ans4. A buyer should look for several aspects while buying the best yoga wheel for him, some of which are given below.
- Comfort: A buyer should look for yoga wheels with spline grooves and thick padding, which helps the buyer get the utmost comfort.
- Shouldn’t retain sweat and odor: The yoga wheel should not retain sweat and odor so that the owner may not wash it after every session.
- Strong build material: The build material of the product should be durable enough to withstand the toughest yoga postures. Some yoga wheels like Dharma can endure weights up to 550 lbs.
- Microbial protection: The product should ensure hygiene by protecting against microbes and viruses generated through sweating.