Plantar fasciitis is a situation where one feels pain on the heel of his/her feet. In other words, the plantar fascia is a ligament that connects your heel to your toe and it helps you to walk. When you put too much pressure on your ligament, it goes through wear and tears on an extreme level. The plantar fascia becomes inflamed which causes Plantar fasciitis. It can either affect one or both your feet.
This is one of the most asked questions; does foot massage help plantar fasciitis? The answer to this question is yes. Massaging your foot can relieve plantar fasciitis. It might be a little uncomfortable in the beginning but it eventually will get healed. You need to massage light handedly and pay more attention to the sore areas.
Some of the benefits that you might get in the healing process through the massages are:
Improves the blood circulation: the blood circulation of your feet is increased which helps it to heel soon. Along with the improved blood circulation, the stress and tensions of the body are also released.
Lowers the blood pressure: there are so many problems that are caused due to high blood pressure. With the massages, the blood pressure of the body stays in control.
Here are some of the best techniques as an answer to the question, does foot massage help plantar fasciitis.
The Heel of hand massage
This is one of the best techniques for helping yourself out with plantar fasciitis. You need to follow these certain steps for this technique:
- Sit on a chair and fold one of your legs in such a way that your hand can easily reach the affected foot.
- Take your opposite hand and start pressing your feet gently from heel to toe.
- When you start, start with little long strokes with less pressure. As you spend more and more time, increase the pressure and number of strokes.
- Cover your foot with a cloth as the heat trapped will help heal your foot.
Thumb pushes is one of the most effective techniques ever. Try this out; it might be perfect for your foot healing.
- Sit in a comfortable position, on a bed or a chair. Put the affected leg on the other in such a way that your hand reached your foot easily.
- Start applying pressure on your sole with your thumbs moving from the heel to the toe.
- Continue doing the massage from your thumb from heel to toe for the next 1-2 minutes.
- Lean in to apply a little body weight and continue increasing pressure on your sole.
The ball massage includes a ball that will help you start and continue with the massage. Any ball, tennis or golf will do.
- Sit on your bed or a chair or any comfortable position.
- Put the ball under the affected foot and start leaning forward for applying pressure.
- Slowly and gently roll the ball up and down along the length of your feet.
- Continue this rolling procedure for about a minute and keep increasing pressure along with time.
A manual foot massager
You can buy a manual foot massager. It has got rollers on it and you just need to put your feet on it and roll them over and over. It is a cheap massager and it helps your foot to get healed faster.
Apart from these manual massages there is an alternative way to massage your feet so that they heal. They can actually prove the statement does foot massage help plantar fasciitis right. There are various kinds of electric foot massagers which will help in relieving the pain and heal the soreness of your foot. They increase the blood circulation of your feet which helps in reducing the pain as well as the stress of your body.
Shiatsu Foot Massager
It is one of the best electric foot massagers which will help relieve the pain from your feet. It is based on Japanese technology which involves powerful rollers and vibrators and the Japanese kneading method.
Thus, the question, ‘does foot massage help plantar fasciitis’ has been answered through this article. Foot massages do help in healing.