Many people across the world feel their height isn’t enough. While some firmly believe that we can’t grow tall after puberty, it is possible to stretch the spine and increase the upper body’s height. Doing so can improve our overall appearance and confidence as well.
The answer to how to get a longer torso has been awaited for many years and requires our attention. There are many solutions like long torso waist trainers to address this concern. With little changes in our lifestyle and sticking to some exercises, we can achieve the purpose. So, let’s break the ice and improve our height with some practical tips and exercises.
Exercises how to get a longer torso
When I say exercises, don’t get scared thinking about the intense workout routines. No, we don’t need that. These are simple yet effective exercises for improving the upper body’s length.
Whenever we think of how to get a longer torso, this is the first thing that pops up. One of the most simple and powerful exercises requiring the least equipment is hanging. All that we need to do is to hang on to a pull-up bar against the earth’s gravitational force. Apart from giving a long torso, these exercises also correct poor body postures. Right from the shoulders, all the muscles present at the back are involved in this exercise, which is why it is more efficient.
- Hang on to a pull-up bar for fifteen to twenty seconds constantly.
- Increase the time to thirty seconds as the day progresses.
- Repeat the exercise 2-3 times.
One thing to remember is that, for significant results, try to perform this exercise at least once a day.
- Stretching/ Bow Pose
There is no better alternative to answer how to get a longer torso other than stretching the muscles. Through this, we are putting the required pressure on the muscles and initiating growth. It is a well-known fact that the spinal cord decides the length of the upper torso. So, stretching the spine gently results in an increase in the length of the upper torso.
- First, lie down with the stomach towards the ground.
- Create an arc with the legs by curling them, and hold the ankles with your hands.
- Try holding on to the pose for 20-30 seconds.
If you find the bow pose difficult, you can start with simple stretching and continue with the bow stretch.
- Stand erect with the feet in a V shape close to each other.
- Raise both arms slowly and stretch the spine as much as possible.
- Hold on to this position for 15-20 seconds.
- After this, lie down and place your hands above the head.
- Stretch the whole body from the arms to the toes until there is a little strain on the body.
- Hold to this position until 5 breaths and gently release the pose.
Bow pose is not an easy exercise for beginners. So, people usually start with stretches and simple yoga before proceeding to the bow pose.
- Ball Wheels
We are all familiar with the stability balls, right? Ball wheels are a great friend of our spine. They have beautiful abilities to stretch the back. If you wish to know how to get a longer torso,
this is an easy solution. A ball wheel or an exercise ball is a bow pose with support.
- Place the ball on a stable and immobile surface.
- By taking the support of the ball, make an arch with your back.
Those who find the bow pose difficult can take the help of these exercise balls and use them as support until it is easy for them to perform the bow pose.
- Cat Stretch
For those searching for how to get a longer torso or how to get along the slim torso, this is the exercise we need to focus on more. The best part about this exercise is its exclusive focus on the spinal disk cartilage. Each time we perform this exercise, it burns the fat and stretches the spine.
- Get onto the support of the knees and hands with arms locked.
- Inhale while bringing the head up and flexing down the spine.
- Exhale while bringing the spine up and then head down in an arch position.
- Repeat the process for some time and increase the pace as you get used to the exercise.
The cat stretch is more exciting and more comfortable to perform. So, people tend to this particular exercise among all.
- Toe Touch
The name speaks everything about this exercise. This is another answer to the question – how to get a longer torso and how to get a longer torso. While some of us focus on a more elongated upper body, others face the problem of excess fat reserves near the torso. These exercises can improve the spine’s length while burning the fat near the waistline for those with this problem.
- Bend and try to touch your toes with your arms.
- Stay in the position for 15-20 seconds.
- Repeat as many times as possible.
Initially, it might be difficult to touch the toes. But don’t worry. Start with the region until you can touch and try reaching the toes.
All these exercises give a longer torso and help increase the body’s flexibility as well. Apart from spine stretching, while some focus on lower back pains and related issues, some focus on the fat deposits near the waistline. But doing the exercises alone won’t fetch the results. We need to stick to some tips and methods to reach our goals.
- Don’t put the entire stress on the upper body only, i.e., we need to balance the whole body by balancing the stress on the upper and lower regions. Never make the mistake of concentrating only on the upper body and ignoring the lower one.
- Apart from these exercises, yoga is an excellent way of stretching the whole body and increasing its flexibility.
- Have a properly balanced and nutritious diet every day. It is essential to supply sufficient energy to the body to perform different exercises.
- Stick to a routine. It is crucial to maintain discipline and time for everything we do, like having a meal, performing exercise, etc. Wrong timing may be worse.
- It is essential to take an off from the exercise routine at least once a week. Simple tasks like meditation and lower body workouts can take the place of the off days.
how to get a longer torso isn’t difficult if we have accurate information and dedication. Following these tips and exercises isn’t challenging or straightforward. Everything depends on the willingness of a person. If we genuinely wish to achieve results, nothing can stop us. So, before starting anything, make up your mind about it.
Hi, I am Valerie. I love working out and trying out various products which help me maintain my fitness. I love reviewing products related to posture and pain relief that will help people in some way. I like to spend my extra time swimming, Running and Wall Climbing. I am a physiotherapist and have helped countless people lead a pain free life.