- What is a Posture Corrector?
A posture corrector as is evident from its name is used to provide support in your posture and helps to reduce pressure on the neck, muscles and joints, in the upper back part, specifically during physical activities. It functions by limiting forward movement of the shoulder and by restricting slouching as well as bending of the spine.
Maintaining a proper posture is of utmost importance always. The reason behind this is, if your posture isn’t proper, there are chances of suffering from severe back problems and other bone-related issues.
- Why use a Posture Corrector?
Given below is a list as to why it is necessary to have a posture corrector –
- Wearing a posture corrector helps to reduce back pain and keep existing back pain in check – Using a posture corrector ensures that your spine is kept aligned as you sit or stand, ensuring that there is no hunch. Slouching usually leads to stress on the posterior spine, that might lead to a damage of the vertebrae, muscles or ligaments. This can cause immense pain in the lower back, causing severe difficulty in movement and exercises. Using a posture corrector ensures decompression of the posterior spine by moving it in line with your pelvis and shoulders, causing the pressure to be relieved from vertebrae, muscles and nerves.
- Posture correctors help to reduce and treat tension headaches – Often back and neck issues may lead to severe headaches, as nerve pain often radiates up from the spine. This can also lead to pressure build-up in the nerves of your neck, aggravating the headache. Using a posture corrector can help to alleviate headache caused due to back and neck pain. It puts pressure on the muscles so that you can stand erect by supporting your full weight and your spine isn’t harmed in the process.
- Posture correctors help to improve breathing – Often posture problems lead to troubles in breathing. When hunching over, your diaphragm gets contracted causing trouble in breathing. With time, this leads to shallow breathing which can cause various problems such as fatigue, brain fog, low energy as well as difficulty in concentrating. Using a posture corrector helps to align your spine to prevent hunching of your shoulders over the diaphragm, thus preventing decompression of your airways, increasing your lungs capacity and aiding in taking deep breathes.
- Posture correctors help to improve blood circulation – Slouching often leads to compression of the vital organs, caused by the shoulders and spine curves. This compression often impacts your circulation, causing reduced blood supply to the organs as well as the body’s periphery. Using a posture corrector ensures that your shoulders are pulled back so that vital organs don’t get clumped together. This aids in blood circulation and also ensures that every part of your body gets adequate blood flow.
Barring the obvious reasons as stated above, a posture corrector also helps reduce depression, aids in looking slim helps to improve digestion, improves concentration and also helps to look taller.
So, what are you waiting for? Hurry up and buy yourself a posture corrector now and help yourself lead a better and more improved life!