The stress that comes in dealing with your day to day responsibilities can be super exhausting and leave you with only a few hours available to get you back on your feet. Well, getting a therapeutic pillow to suit your sleeping or other lifestyle needs is the best thing you could do right now. As we all have heard time and time again, sleep is the best time for your body to heal and charge up. Even doctors and chiropractors highly recommend this addition to your lifestyle for overall well-being and good health.
- 1 Therapeutic Pillows – Buying Guide
- 2 Therapeutic Pillows Reviews
- 3 Frequently asked questions
Therapeutic Pillows – Buying Guide
Choosing the right therapeutic pillow is as important as choosing the right doctor for your medication. Just like there’s a cardiologist for the heart, a dermatologist for skin-related diseases, and family physicians for flu and immunization, there are different therapeutic pillows specified for different postures and parts of your body. Therefore, if you’re looking for a therapeutic pillow for neck or neck pain then the right choice will be to invest in a cervical pillow. However, if you’re looking for a therapeutic pillow for back pain then you need to shift your focus towards a contoured body pillow. Few other factors can also be taken into consideration while making your choice. These are:
Factors you should consider while purchasing therapeutic pillows
- The material of the pillow:
Therapeutic pillows are available in various materials and fibers like wool, latex, cotton, synthetic, polyester, etc. For example, cotton pillows are a good choice for individuals who prefer sleeping on their stomachs. Same way, wool pillows are a good choice during winters as they do not get dust mites and are antimicrobial. Make sure the material you choose is natural and breathable.
- Fill power, fill weight, and fill type:
Fill power is the filling of your material inside the pillow. A higher fill pillow will in most cases indicate better quality and more fluff. Usually, a fill power of six hundred and higher is a preferable choice. Fill weight depends on the fill type you prefer.
Always opt for a standard size as it is usually a fit for you. However, larger sizes are also available.
- Sleeping posture:
If you are a side sleeper then you should go for a firm pillow with one of its sides being thick than the other. This will restrict movement and unwanted posture formation at night. If you end up sleeping on your stomach at night, then you should prefer investing in a soft pillow, or no pillow at all. You can avoid getting back pain the next morning by keeping a pillow under your stomach. Keep that in mind! A back sleeper should also go for a soft pillow and in some cases, for flat pillows depending upon the comfort and support you’d like.
Except for these factors the doctor’s recommendations, price of the product, and your pocket will hugely impact your decision.
Few other types of therapeutic pillows like memory foam pillows, water pillows, pillows with polyester fiber, open-cell poly, water holofoil fiber are great choices for neck support. While shredded memory foam, interlocking fill, cervical linear traction, ventilated memory foams are great choices for neck pain.
Therapeutic Pillows Reviews
This is one of the best therapeutic pillows. It is one of the therapeutic pillows for the neck. It bounces back to its position in seconds which is why it is super comfy.
- Is made from shredded memory foam which is specifically made to provide great support to the neck, and head region and thus leads to proper alignment of the body
- Adjusting to the use of this pillow might take time initially but the benefits it provides are great
- Always provides even and comfortable support
- The breathable cover helps the heat to escape away and this helps to keep you dry throughout
- Has a hypoallergenic cover.
- It is one of the best therapeutic pillows for neck pain
This is one of the most applaudable brands in the pillow making industry. It is available in three colors and two heights. It is one of the good therapeutic pillows for back pain.
- Reduces stress on the cervical vertebrae and spine
- Is well designed to provide shoulder and arm support
- Provides great neck support and relieves neck pain
- Reduces back pain
- The premium quality of foam makes it soft and moderately firm
- Also comes with a removable breathable pillowcase
- Memory foam makes your head stay in position throughout the night
- Neck and center contour makes it easy to breathe and reduces the risk of a bulging disc
This therapeutic pillow helps you get the deep sleep you have been missing out on for quite long. It is perfectly suitable for the side, back, and stomach sleepers.
- Super soft and breathable cover with a zipper that is also easy to wash
- Relieves neck pain in a couple of hours
- Adjusts to your posture in less than five seconds
- Has high-quality memory foam
- Available in standard size and a small size
- Appealing and comfortable design
- Good after-sales service
This therapeutic pillow is available in two sizes and is recommended for side sleepers.
- Helps relieve tensions and headaches
- Provides proper support for your back
- Made of non-allergen material
- Is very firm
- Sides are made specifically to provide comfort to side sleepers
- Springs back into position in seconds
- Helps correct spiral posture of the neck
- It is one of the best therapeutic pillows for side sleepers
This therapeutic pillow is made for side, back, and stomach sleepers. It’s ergonomically designed to provide comfort to your back, legs, and knees.
- Provides relief from back pain
- Has premium quality foam
- Has a breathable and easy cleaning cover
- Provides lifetime warranty for its product
- Provides hip pain relief
- Leads to a comfortable sleep and proper spinal alignment
It is highly likely that you’ll end up choosing out of these products as these therapeutic pillows are a great deal! They will come up to your expectations. Don’t waste your precious time any longer! And, go grab the stress buster you’ve been missing out all along. Now you can say that your good night’s sleep is here to stay.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best therapeutic pillow?
Although there is no particular pillow that will satisfy every human on this planet, ComfiLife’s lumbar support pillow is a great choice and surely wouldn’t disappoint. It provides instant relief to one of the worst back pains you have or will ever encounter. Also, provides immense comfort to your back, legs, and knees. This in turn leads to proper spinal alignment and the sleep you’ve been missing out.
What is a therapeutic pillow?
A therapeutic pillow is a pillow that is used to relieve you from body pains and provide proper alignment of the head and neck region of your body. Their main job is to improve your mental and physical health by providing you with proper rest and comfort at all times. This eradicates any pain it is meant to reduce and improves overall well-being.
Whatpillows do chiropractors recommend?
Chiropractors recommend pillows according to the patient’s daily routine and habits. They are properly able to understand the crux of their patient’s problems and use their experience which makes their advice unquestionable. They recommend countered therapeutic pillows to support the body’s cervical region and proper alignment. Memory foam pillows are recommended due to their ability to retain their position and great posture adapting skills.