Nerve pain can be caused for many reasons, such as growth, sudden freak injuries, or simply due to certain ailments. This pain can end up causing a feeling of numbness in the affected area. Usage of the best essential oils for nerve pain ensures that the pain is dealt with and suffering is lessened.
For years, essential oils have been used for their healing properties. They have helped to soothe many ailments within the body and nerve pain happens to be one of them. They have usually preferred thanks to their natural properties, making them free from any harm.
Essential oils can either be applied by diluting with a carrier oil, or they can be inhaled but not consumed. The reason behind non-consumption is that they are mostly undiluted or they are completely raw, which is why consumption can be hazardous. Not to forget, it could also lead to the burning of the insides and adverse dangerous outcomes. Be sure to check the methods suggested as to how it is to be diluted.
When you are looking for some of the best essential oils for nerve pain, you must keep in mind certain factors to help you choose wisely. Given below is a detailed list of some of the most well-known essential oils and their properties as well as a few oils along with their links to help aid in your purchase.
Best Essential Oils for Nerve Pain – Buying Guide
The thing about essential oils is that different oils are suitable for different ailments. From muscle relaxation to sleep to stress, there is an essential oil for every possible ailment you can think of. However, not every oil has the capability to cure or relax every ailment, which is why it is necessary to know which of the best essential oils for nerve pain are suitable and which aren’t.
Factors to consider before buying the best essential oils for nerve pain
Given below is a list of some of the oils which help cure different ailments, thus helping you to choose wisely!
- When you are looking for pain relief, you could try out the following best essential oils for nerve pain – lemongrass, peppermint, clary sage, helichrysum, lavender, German chamomile, Roman chamomile, spike lavender, and sweet marjoram. You could also opt for a combination of – peppermint, helichrysum as well as spike lavender to get anti-inflammatory relief.
- If you are suffering from depression, stress, and anxiety, you could try out the following essential oils – tangerine, jasmine, lavender, mandarin, rose geranium, sandalwood, neroli, bergamot, ylang-ylang, sweet orange, grapefruit, or frankincense.
- In case you are looking for improvement in sleep, you could try out the following oils – marjoram, lavender, neroli, Roman chamomile, and jasmine.
- If you are looking for improved blood circulation, you could try out the following oils – lemongrass, peppermint, rose geranium, rosemary, ginger, and black pepper.
- If you are looking for improved and increased energy, you could try out the following oils – lemon, geranium, or grapefruit.
- If you are looking for some relaxation oils, try considering the following – lemon, geranium, and grapefruit.
- If you are looking to ease muscle pains and joint pains, you could opt for the following oils – black pepper, eucalyptus, juniper, and peppermint.
Other than these, there are also specific oils depending on the root cause of the nerve pain, a list of which is given below –
- If you are looking for an anti-spasmodic cure, try – Cardamom, Thyme, Chamomile, Lavender, and Helichrysum.
- If you are looking for a decrease in sciatica pain, try – Basil, Rosemary, and Clove.
- If you are looking to decrease neurotoxins, try – Rosemary, Ginger, Frankincense, Cardamom, and Clove.
- If you are looking for protection, try – Citrus Oils, Copaiba, Cilantro, Helichrysum, Frankincense, and Turmeric.
- If you are looking to decrease overall pain sensation, try – Wintergreen, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove, Eucalyptus, Neroli, Turmeric, Frankincense, Copaiba, and Marjoram.
- If you are looking to decrease inflammation, try – Thyme, Douglas Fir, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Turmeric, Cypress, Marjoram, Clove, Frankincense, and Neroli.
Best Essential Oils for Nerve Pain Reviews
The Edens Garden clove bud essential oil provides relief from both inflammation and pain. It is known to be a 100% pure aromatherapy oil.
- It is available 4 different sizes
- It has a very sweet and spicy aroma
- It is made by a women-run eco-conscious company, which have managed to carve a niche for itself since 2009
- Each batch of essential oils is tested for its purity and its therapeutic value.
- It is both GC and MS tested
- It is free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates, preservatives, synthetics, or fragrances
- It makes use of natural, non-toxic ingredients only
- It requires dilution before use
This essential oil provides instant and temporary relief from pain. It also has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It provides soothing, temporary, and fast relief from all forms of neuropathy pains such as chemotherapy and diabetes
- It is made of homeopathic ingredients and essential oils which ooze a calming and soothing scent.
- It has a pure citrusy, herbal, spicy, and woody essence
- It also helps to treat the side effect of nervous system damage such as – burning, shooting pain, numbness, and tingling
- Provides instant relief
The Rocky Mountain nerve essential oil comes with 100% pure essential oils which is sure to provide instant relief from nerve ailments.
- It comes in a 15 ml bottle
- It helps to provide nerve support
- It has a fresh minty and herbal aroma
- It is a part of RMO’s Wellness collection
- You could either diffuse or apply it topically for a calming and soothing effect on the mind
- It is both GC and MS verified as a 100% natural, pure, and therapeutic oil
- It contains all naturally sourced ingredients
This pain relief oil from the brand Essential Oil is certified by the USDA as 100% organic and pure and is often recommended by aromatherapists for a fruitful aromatherapy session.
- It consists of a 100% natural oil blend
- It is a USDA certified 100% essential and organic oil
- It comes bottled in a 10 ml glass bottle which is UV resistant and also has a euro style dropper included
- The blend is created by professional practitioners and aromatherapists
- It comes with a money-back guarantee
This essential oil from the house of Plant Therapy is an organic synergy essential oil that is of a therapeutic grade and in a 100% natural, pure, and undiluted form.
- It comes in a 10 ml bottle
- It is formulated by certified aromatherapists and is certified by the USDA as 100% pure and undiluted.
- It contains the following undiluted ingredients – certified organic essential oils of laurel leaf, clove bud, peppermint, black pepper, ginger root CO2, cinnamon cassia, thyme thymol, juniper berry, and chamomile German.
- It helps to ease the pain almost instantly by creating a sensation of heat and also working to improve circulation in the area injured or causing pain
- It can only be used topically. It can be blended with massage oils, liniments, lotions, or liniments topically through a dilution of 3-5% to help reduce the pain
This therapeutic Lavender essential oil roll-on from the house of nature Store is sure to provide relief from all sorts of nerve aches as well as from stress and sleep disappearance.
- It is 100% pure and contains no toxins or additives
- It is blended with carrier oils which are of pure therapeutic grade
- It has a soothing scent that is known for its anti-bacterial properties. It provides a feeling of relaxation to the respiratory system too
- It also helps to improve sleep
- It works to help cure headaches and stress, working on relaxing the nerves to provide instant relief
- It comes with a 100% money-back guarantee
Nerve pain can be extremely painful when not treated. Although there may be medicines available, not everyone is in support of consuming them, which is when therapeutic gel and oils come in. They are not really proven to cure or provide complete relief, but they are considered an ideal option to help provide temporary relief.
Also, aromatherapy has been around for thousands of years now, and aromatherapists and practitioners swear by its effectiveness. It may not be proven clinically or scientifically, it does help in finding relief.
Having the best essential oils for nerve pain helps to ensure that no matter which nerve endings, you’ll surely find some relief. However, make sure that you’re using the correct oil for an extra quick reaction.
Most importantly, remember to dilute the oil before use, as most oils can’t be applied directly to the affected area. In case you don’t intend on diluting it, you could smell it but try to avoid applying it otherwise as it may create a burning sensation to the skin, thereby failing to serve its purpose.
We hope this article will help you make an informed choice on which would be the best essential oils for nerve pain being suffered by you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do essential oils really work to help release pain in the nerve?
Ans. Scientific studies tend to show that certain essential therapeutic oils do in fact help to ease pain along with providing temporary relief in the affected area.
Why is it necessary to dilute the oil?
Ans. It is necessary to dilute the essential oil before usage because the direct application may end up causing adverse reactions. Since these oils are 100% pure, not diluting them might end up causing more harm than good.
What are the best essential oils for nerve pain?
Ans. The essential oils for nerve pain depend on the specific type of nerve pain you are suffering from. However, there are certain common oils as well, which can be used irrespective of the nerve endings.
Are there any side effects to using essential oils?
Ans. No, there aren’t any proven side effects on the usage of essential oils. However, undiluted essential oils may cause certain damage to the skin, so it is best to either combine it with some ointment or cream or dilute it in water.
Hi, I am Valerie. I love working out and trying out various products which help me maintain my fitness. I love reviewing products related to posture and pain relief that will help people in some way. I like to spend my extra time swimming, Running and Wall Climbing. I am a physiotherapist and have helped countless people lead a pain free life.