Being tall and big has its perks but along comes a list of problems that might and would cause problems. Doing normal activities like running, jogging, or playing any kind of outdoor sport will add an extra strain to the knee because of the bodyweight and long, large knees. Doing any activity concerning your legs and knees will put more torque on the knees while bending and moving which cause faster knee ligament and tissue will wear than the average individual.
Choosing a best plus size knee brace will be a big relief for your knees and also will prevent causing further fatigue. It will shift the weight off from the point where you feel discomfort and improve your ability to walk, run, and play without any suffering.
You might not wait for the trouble to begin and can opt to wear a knee brace when doing vigorous exercise or while playing outdoor sports. The braces limit any kind of strained movement and keep the chances of fatigue low.
- 1 Here are some of the best plus size knee braces you could look out for.
- 2 Now considering all of the above, let’s look at the best plus size knee braces you could easily find in the market:
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the best plus size knee braces you could look out for.
Factors to Look for while Buying Best Plus Size Knee Brace
Yes, now you know there is a need for a knee brace, but you also want to know what kind of brace is the best for you. There are things that you must know prior to buying the perfect brace for you. If you have any kind of existing injury there must be a doctor’s recommendation, then there are levels of protection you need for yourself, and then the types which would best suit you, the size and the budget. Let’s discuss these factors in details to find the best plus size knee brace for you:
- When To Wear A Knee Brace:
Whenever you start experiencing pain in your knees you should start wearing braces. You could also wear them to prevent injuries while playing outdoor extensive sports too. It is highly recommended to wear a knee brace post-injury or surgery. Consult your orthopedic before buying the best plus size knee brace.
- Levels of Protection:
There are 3 levels of protection.
- Primary(Level 1)
- Best suited for minor pain, giving mild to moderate support
- Could opt in case of Arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis
- Advanced(Level 2)
- Best suited for minor to moderate ligament instabilities
- Helps in treating swelling and recovering sprains
- Opted in pain relief from chronic conditions
- Maximum(Level 3)
- Best suited for moderate to major instabilities
- Used in proactive injury prevention
- Mostly recommended for post-surgical joint protection
- Maximum+(Level 3+)
- Opted in major joint instabilities
- Used in Therapeutic recovery
- Types of Knee Braces:
There are many kinds of braces to choose from.
- Knee Sleeves
They are very easy, affordable, and can be slipped right over the knee. They help in controlling the swell and pain and also provide knee compression. They work best for mild knee pain and arthritis. They are very comfortable and could be slipped under clothing.
- Wraparound or Dual-Wrap Braces
The best choice for athletes because they fit better than the sleeves and provide much more support. They don’t have any bulk and hence can be used during exercises and work out. They also help in reducing mild to moderate knee pain.
- Hinged Knee Braces
These are recommended post-surgery by athletes and for patients who need a higher level of protection. They keep knees in proper alignments and help avoid further injuries. They provide better support than dual-wrap braces and are sometimes more expensive than the former.
- Knee Strap
It is a great solution for runners or jumpers who suffer knee pain (Patellar Tendonitis), Osgood-Schlatter Disease, or Patella Tracking. It fits under clothes easily and is very easy to put on and take off. They provide much more comfort and support and are often used by footballers and sprinters.
- Closed and Open Patella braces
These braces have a hole in the center of the brace(Open Patella) and others without any holes (Closed Patella). Open Patella allows relief from knee pressure and provides extra knee cap support with proper movement and tracking. Closed Patella braces provide compression at the knee cap with the same pressure as the rest of the knee and provide additional support.
- Size of the knee brace:
Always choose the perfect fit and the most comfortable brace for you as ill-fitting braces can worsen the condition and can cause more problems.
The price of knee braces can differ from about 10$ to about 500$ sometimes. But you could find the best products from 80$ -100$. Do consult a doctor before buying the best plus size knee brace.
Now considering all of the above, let’s look at the best plus size knee braces you could easily find in the market:
One of the best knee sleeves available with promising features. Physix Compression Knee Sleeve is cut over the rest. They are easy to wash, fit perfectly, and can be used by both men and women as they blend into all the sizes and shapes of knees.
- They are designed with 4 way stretch lycra which provide all-day support, without slipping or cutting off circulation.
- They can be worn over clothing and keep the joints warm.
- It’s not stiff and can be worn easily and it moves with you.
- Helps stabilize osteoarthritis in your knee.
- “Flexi-Stretch Knitting” by Physix allows full range motion.
- Breathable Lycra and Nylon fabric don’t make you sweat and also the No-Slip Silicone grip wave won’t slip and gives all-day comfort and support.
- It’s very light and durable.
- Physix provides the finest support and also a MONEY BACK guarantee.
It’s available in six extra-large sizes to fit the best. It is specially designed to provide relief and optimal support from meniscus tears, arthritis, ACL & LCL injuries, ligament sprains, and general knee pain. BraceAbility strives to provide the latest and most affordable orthopedic braces to boost performance. It is a very popular best plus size knee brace choice.
- Comes with dual axis polycentric hinges for enhanced stability
- Convenient front closure with the simple wrap-around configuration is easy to put on for people with larger legs.
- It uses medical-grade materials that are stronger and efficient.
- Have two straps located above and below your knee cap that prevents you from sliding down.
- Can be worn while playing soccer, basketball, etc.
It helps prevent and heal PCL & ACL injuries, hyperextension, lateral & medial instability, meniscus injuries, patella instability, and ligament sprains. It uses premium materials that boost movement and provide the utmost comfort.
- Antimicrobial fabric control and prevents moisture, odor, and bacteria.
- Available in 3 extra-large sizes and shapes
- Has heavy-duty bilateral dual hinges that provide incredible support and a full range of motion.
- Uses high-quality aluminum which adds stability with Hypalon sleeves anchoring the knee safely.
- Uses a highly secure X-Fit strap system which is super easy to adjust.
- Patella support for both males and females.
Orthomen products are one of the most recommended by doctors and they are super easy to use for any knee size. With the manually adjustable angle, length, and width facility this is an easy pick for a best plus size knee brace.
- Adjustable knob to set the ROM according to your comfort.
- Includes drop lock improving stability
- Simple and easy to use makes it a perfect choice for all age groups.
- Alternating brace length facility facilitates the best fit for any knee size
- Has padded design to give utmost comfort to the user.
- Manually adjustable straps allow u to manually set the size as per your requirement.
- Can be used to treat:
- Meniscal repairs
- Patella tendon repairs
- Osteochondral repairs
- Tibial plateau fractures
- Condylar fractures
- Strains /Sprains of the knee
- High Tibial Osteotomy (HTOs)
Zamst ZK-X provides extra Strong support with sleeve knee support giving the user superior fit and proven to prevent slipping no matter which activity you do. It comes with crisscrossed and parallel straps to provide effective compression and intense stability for the lower leg.
- It provides extension and smooth flexion.
- It has adjustment straps on front, lower, top, and rear which help to lock brace in place.
- It helps to prevent moderate or severe sprain after heavy activities
- Proven to be ideal for MCL, ACL, and LCL cases.
- Uses EXON-TECH with 3- way exoskeletal alignment with metal hinge support.
- It has a pre-curved design that provides a full range of motion and maximized performance levels.
It is the best plus size knee brace by Shock Doctor and top-in-class product. It is the first choice of a user wanting hardcore protection which outcomes in their fearless performance. It is a highly engineered lightweight semi-rigid brace for ultimate performance. It comes with three large choices and is boasted as the best product by Shock Doctor.
- It has bi-lateral aluminum hinge support which enables a fluid and natural feel motion.
- It has perfect combination and very strategic design of rigid and soft materials that doesn’t compromise in comfort.
- It has washable lining pads.
- It provides a 3+ (Advance+) level of protection and can be used to treat major ligament and muscle sprains.
- It combines compression and advanced hinges to provide stability and support.
- It can be used for both prevention and recovery.
Now that we know what a knee brace is and what kind would be the best plus size knee brace for the ones who have long legs and big bodies, all you have to do is how to choose a right one for you and your special needs. With the use of a knee brace, you would definitely feel fearless once again and gain the confidence back.
The best plus size knee brace would be your guardian and best friend. So, go ahead and choose the best knee brace for yourself and bless yourself with added confidence and charm. You would never regret having bought the brace. The best plus size knee brace would make your life easier and would set you free of any worries. Now you can now run, jog and play for longer hours and still not damage your knee.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When to wear a knee brace?
Once you start experiencing pain you should opt for a knee brace. You could also try on a knee brace if you indulge in sports or walk, run or jog for longer periods.
- Is a knee brace effective?
Of course. The best plus size knee brace would be your best friend and would relieve you of all your pain and worries for your tall/huge body.
- Should knee brace be worn during night time?
No, you needn’t wear them while sleeping.
- Can the posture band be worn all day?
Yes, you can.