The neck stretcher device helps you to get rid of neck pain, tightness, and tension. It helps your muscles to relax and increase flexibility which significantly relieves stiffness and pain. It is also used to flatten herniated or bulging discs. It alleviates pain from sprained joints or spasms and can be used to treat cervical spondylosis, neck injuries, and pinched nerves.
Almost all Stretcher for the neck works by gently stretching the spinal vertebrae to relieve pressure, pain, and muscle stiffness. The cervical traction devices apply force to pull the head away from the neck thus creating space between the vertebrae that allow the muscles to relax and relieve compression. It stretches the joints and muscles around the neck to improve mobility alignment and range of motion. When used regularly neck stretchers show a significant reduction in neck pain, tension, and other cervical issues.
A neck stretcher resolves neck pain and provides numerous improvements to the body’s posture. It enhances the overall function and strength of the neck. The neck stretchers ease muscle spasms by decreasing the pressure on nerves or muscles around the spine. These devices reduce tight muscles by improving blood circulation.
In the cervical traction process, the tight muscle and soft tissues of the spine and neck area are gently stretched to separate them from the compressed spinal vertebrae. When the pressure is relieved immediately on the disc located between the spinal vertebrae the nerves get relaxed thus relieving pain and reducing joint aches, spinal stiffness, and pressure-related headaches.
- 1 Neck Stretcher – Buying Guide
- 2 Neck Stretcher Reviews
- 2.1 1. Soulren Neck Traction Stretcher
- 2.2 2. Riterr Neck Stretcher
- 2.3 3. Bonsai Wellness Neck Stretcher
- 2.4 4. Cosy Life Adjustable Neck Stretcher
- 2.5 5. Afrizona Neck Stretcher
- 2.6 6. Bytl Neck Stretcher
- 2.7 7. Amemewa Neck Head Stretcher
- 2.8 8. Vokka Neck Stretcher
- 2.9 9. The Neck Hammock Stretcher For Neck
- 2.10 10. JuopoolCervical Traction Stretcher
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
Neck Stretcher – Buying Guide
If you’re planning to buy a neck stretcher then you should buy the right kind of device for yourself. There are a few things that you need to consider while buying a neck stretcher to know whether it is safe or not.
Factors To Look For While Buying Neck Stretchers
- It should have adjustable straps allowing the user to adjust the position of the device and use it according to their needs.
- Various kinds of neck traction devices work differently. For example, few are used for people with a broken neck while others add support to the person who has met a car accident or has a sprain and injury in the neck area. Few people use it to relax the muscles and nerves of the spine.
- It is important to look for the quality of the materials used for creating the neck stretcher. It should provide comfort to your neck, head, and shoulder. Skin-friendly padded devices provide the best comfort.
- It should not apply unwanted pressure to the skull because neck stretchers are used for the relaxation of the head and neck.
- Over-the-door neck traction device attaches the head and neck harness. It is connected to a rope that is a part of the pulley system that goes over the doorknob or railing. It can be done while sitting, lying down, or leaning back.
There are many neck stretchers available on online websites that can help you to reduce pains caused due to cervical issues.
Neck Stretcher Reviews
Soulren provides the best neck stretcher for headaches. It generally pulls the head away from the neck in order to stretch and decompress the spinal cord. It helps to increase the blood flow mobility of the neck and shoulder. It also decreases pain and oxygenates the muscle surrounding the spine. It helps to relieve pain caused by nerve tissue problems, disc bulges, poor sleep position, pressure on the back and shoulder, and arthritis.
- It is made up of heavy-duty steel bars with a strong nut and bolt that can withstand the pressure caused by heavy neck stretching.
- The bar is adjustable and can fit any wall support or door frame.
- The chin cover consists of comfortable foam padding; it is further covered with leather on the surface and an inner swan flannelette that is skin-friendly.
- The buckle is adjustable and convenient for use. It is made up of a medical-grade strap.
- It helps to fix the posture of the neck and relieves stiff neck pain, headache, and migraine.
The Riterr neck stretcher is mainly used for pain relief in the shoulders spine or back and neck. It is easy to use and helps decompress the spine while relaxing and stretching the muscles around the neck. This device helps to improve blood flow which leads to restful sleeping. It is used during chiropractic care sessions to promote better neck health.
- It is easy to install and helps your neck to relax and align the spine to stop your pain.
- It is manufactured with high quality materials that are skin-friendly and comfortable.
- It has adjustable straps along with padding and ear holes to stop causing irritation in the ear areas.
- It creates gentle stress and tension over the spine or back that helps you to relax.
The Bonsai Wellness neck stretcher is a popular therapy option that relieves pain and discomfort caused due to cervical issues. Structure works gently pulling the head away from the neck to eliminate compression. When the muscles below the spine begin to relax and decompress it results in increased blood flow and circulation that helps the discs of the spine to rehydrate.
- It has a three-band strap system that supports the weight applied during the therapy sessions. It is designed in such a way that you can take it to the office, on flight or road trips, etc.
- It is lightweight and small which makes it easy to install anywhere. It has unmatched versatility.
- The headrest has soft foam that can be removed. It helps in eliminating the unwanted pressure applied to the skull and gives a custom-tailored relaxation at the end of the session.
- It corrects your bad posture, restlessness while sleeping, tension, and headache. The reinforced stitching makes sure that it withstands the pressure caused during therapeutic sessions.
The Cosy Life neck stretcher is designed in such a way that it is simple to operate. It gives you the utmost comfort and reduces the pain, and relaxes the muscles by gently decompressing the spine. It can be hung easily on any doorknob or pole that are secure and safe.
- The straps are adjustable and should be kept at a comfortable height off the ground. It has one optional strap for extension purposes. It is used for installing the neck stretcher in a higher position.
- The neck sling has a soft cushion that supports the head. It has holes on both sides allowing the ear to be open.
- It is made up of breathable velvet material which has good air permeability. It adds comfort and relaxation and reduces stiffness to relieve neck and head pain.
- The reinforced elastic cord increases flexibility and makes it stronger to withstand greater weight. Superior stitching ensures comfort and long-lasting durability.
The Afrizona provides the best neck stretcher that helps the user to overcome neck-related problems. It gently pulls the head away from the neck and stretches the neck muscles to reduce spinal compression. Using this regularly helps in relieve neck tension back shoulder and neck pain caused by a pinched nerve. It stretches your muscles and promotes good blood circulation and also reduces stress levels and tension headaches.
- This neck stretcher helps to reduce neck pain and is an excellent cervical neck device.
- It improves blood circulation and sleeping quality by providing highly effective physical therapy for chronic neck pain.
- It is easy to install and takes one minute to set up the next device. You can wrap the straps around any doorknob railing or bed.
- The straps are adjustable and can be used whenever needed for rapid neck pain relief.
- It gives comfort and corrects the posture of the neck of people who work for long hours and have the trouble with cervical vertebrae syndrome.
The BYTL provides the neck stretcher for pain is equipment that works to relieve your neck pain. It pulls the head away from the neck and increases the vertebral space of the spine which further regulates the blood flow in areas that have been compressed. The muscles of the spinal cord begin to relax and stretch along with the ligaments surrounding the spine. The ear holds design reduces the pressure on the user’s ears.
- The stretcher for the neck has reinforced elastic safety that increases flexibility and can be wrapped around any doorknob, railing, or Pole. It also has a strong buckle that withstands great weight.
- It is made of high-quality, breathable material and promotes good air permeability. It is made up of velvet and memory foam which makes it comfortable and soft.
- It has adjustable straps and D-ring reinforcement metal buttons. The superior stitching technique and high-quality material make it long-lasting and durable.
- There are ear holds that reduce the squeezing effect but also have rubber ear covers that can be used for a quiet environment. There are two holes in the neck portion of the stretcher.
- It is lightly weighted and absolutely portable. It comes with an eye mask that gives maximum relaxation and comfort.
The neck stretcher helps in relaxing the shoulder and neck in less than 10 minutes after having a busy day. It helps to improve blood circulation as well as the sleep quality of the user. It is ideal for students, athletes, shift workers, laborers, and office workers. It compresses the spinal cord which further increases the mobility of the shoulders and cervical areas. It compresses the spine and regulates blood circulation to the neck, shoulder, and backside.
- It comes with 4 sturdy elastic cords for added safety. The reinforced safety band increases the flexibility of the cervical traction device.
- The superior stitching and high-quality materials ensure comfort durability and long-lasting properties.
- It is easy to install and has an adjustable hanging loop that can be wrapped around any railings, coat hooks and doorknobs. It is suitable for the home, gym, office, or any place that can hang the neck stretcher.
- It is ergonomically designed with adjustable and detachable foam pads that provide relaxation and comfort.
- It fits the user’s neck perfectly and comes with an extra eye mask that helps you to rest without any disturbance.
The VOKKA neck stretcher for headaches helps your neck muscles to stretch and relax by reducing spinal compression. It helps to relieve back, neck, and shoulder pain and neck tension caused due to pinched nerves sitting at a desk doing work all day. It reduces stress levels, and tension headaches and promotes blood circulation in the areas that were compressed.
- It comes with 4 sturdy elastic cords that are reinforced with safety bands for increased flexibility and safety.
- Hanging loops are adjustable and can be wrapped around easily. It allows you to adjust the height even while lying down and helps you to find a secure and stable suspension point.
- The superior stitching and high-quality materials increase durability and comfort. It is ergonomically designed to fit the neck properly.
- It comes with adjustable and detachable form pads that provide more comfort and relaxation. The free eye mask helps you to rest undisturbed.
- The neck stretcher is lightweight and comes with a travel bag making it absolutely portable.
The neck hammock is one of the best neck stretches that helps the spinal cord and muscles relax by gradually stretching the ligaments around the spine. The intervertebral space brings blood flow and circulation when it expands. This blood flow helps to oxygenate nerves, muscles, tendons, and ligaments that help to reduce pain and increase mobility.
- It is absolutely portable and is the solution for neck and back troubles caused during business trips, long flight journeys, or long workdays.
- It comes with medical-grade adjustable straps that can be customized according to the user’s comfort. It provides maximum durability.
- The patented straps are flexible and can be wrapped around any doors or railings.
- It comes with an eye mask and a storage bag.
The JuoPool neck stretcher helps you to reduce the spine stress caused due to improper sitting posture or neck position. It regulates the neck blood vessels by causing decompression and corrects the cervical spine bending. It promotes blood circulation and reduces neck pain.
- It has three buckles that help to adjust the length making the traction device suitable for everyone. You can find your own stable and safe suspension point and adjust the buckle accordingly.
- It uses four strong elastic ropes along with an additional safety belt which all together creates 5 times more protection and prevents any injury.
- The soft velvet material is used for the user’s comfort. It has a more breathable mesh design at the backside.
- It comes with a free eye mask and a storage bag making it more portable.
- It is easy to install and convenient for use.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Neck Stretchers Safe?
A neck stretcher is an effective and safe way used for treat neck pain by medical professionals and doctors. It is also used by chiropractors, physical therapists, and general practitioners. It helps to improve the posture of the neck which further reduces shoulder pain. They usually help in reducing spinal compressions by providing relief to neck and shoulder pain are tension headaches improving the blood circulation in neck compression areas.
2. How Long Does It Take For Neck Traction To Work?
The stretcher for the neck can be used for about 15 to 20 minutes in each session. You can do several sessions a day or do as directed by the physical therapist or doctor. Sometimes these devices alleviate pain every day and give a noticeable and positive difference in your daily life. The neck stretcher should be kept at a distance of 2 to 4 inches off the ground to ensure maximum effectiveness. It gradually reduces the level of pain when used regularly.
3. How Do I Decompress My Neck?
You can decompress your neck by using a spinal decompressor or do any exercise related to decompressing the neck, but it should be done with the permission of a doctor. You can use the decompressor for 2-3 minutes twice a day which helps to increase blood circulation, oxygenation, and decompression of the spine and nerve supply. People with glaucoma, high blood pressure, a heart condition, or any other health condition should not use the final compressor without the consultation of the therapist.
4. How Should I Sleep With Neck Pain?
Two sleeping positions help you to relieve neck pain: on your back or on your side. You should try to support the natural curves of the neck by using a pillow that helps to cushion your head.
- You should try to use a feather pillow that easily cradles around your neck.
- You can use cervical pillows with memory foam that conforms to the shape of your neck and head. They foster proper spinal alignment.
- Using stiff or too-high pillows should be avoided as they result in pain and stiffness.
- You can use a horseshoe-shaped pillow to support your neck and head while riding in a train, car, or plane to avoid dropping to one side when you doze.
- When you sleep on your stomach the back is arched, and that puts pressure on the spine.
5. How Do You Stretch A Compressed Neck?
Your sleeping positions, sleep cycle, and pillows play an important role in your musculoskeletal pain including compressed neck and shoulder pain. Sleeping disturbances stop the healing process and decrease the muscle relaxation capability of the body that usually takes place during sleep.
Gentle exercises and stretches help to make your neck limber and stronger. It helps to banish pain, loosen the tense neck, and gain flexibility. Acupuncture is another great treatment for neck tension that uses fine needles to stimulate a few essential points on the body. Getting a gentle massage or having a warm bath, practicing yoga meditation, and other things that help to stretch a compressed neck.
Hi, I am Valerie. I love working out and trying out various products which help me maintain my fitness. I love reviewing products related to posture and pain relief that will help people in some way. I like to spend my extra time swimming, Running and Wall Climbing. I am a physiotherapist and have helped countless people lead a pain free life.