Waist trainers have been ruling the world for quite a while. With more and more people training in gyms, mothers wishing to get back to their pre-maternal body, and celebrities sharing their fitness secrets, waist trainer has become the new ‘it’ in this era.
Although weight loss is a common consequence for both men and women, women also opt for it to get that instant perfect hourglass figure. And men wear it to get that fierce masculine look.
No, you cannot just blindly buy whatever is recommended by a celebrity or a friend because, for one, the budget is different for everyone. And even if money is not an issue, you still wouldn’t overlook a comfortable yet cheap waist trainer.
Though the thing is, we now have both good and bad quality products that are affordable. So all that can be said is every cheap thing is not necessarily of bad quality.
There are a lot of things that need to be checked (very carefully, if I may say) before you zero in on your perfect waist trainer. These tips might sound silly and time-consuming to some. But without them, your brain and eyes will go haywire because as we all know, there are a lot of options offline and online that could confuse you to no limit.
So, here are a few life-saving factors that you need to explore so that you can easily identify the perfect cheap waist trainer. And you’ll also see 6 of the most trending and positively reviewed waist trainers on Amazon, the leading e-commerce website.
- 1 Cheap Waist Trainer – Buying Guide
- 2 Cheap Waist Trainer Reviews
- 3 FAQs
Cheap Waist Trainer – Buying Guide
As mentioned above, there are many factors and aspects that need to be on your checklist to search for the most comfortable and cheap waist trainer. So, here are some of the more important ones that demand urgent attention from waist trainer-seekers.
Factors To Find The Your Best Waist Trainer
This one is hands down the most important factor. Of course, the waist trainer has to fit snugly to your body, but if it is going to be too tight, you are going to have problems. An uncomfortably tight waist trainer can cause breathing issues, organ damage, acid reflux, skin irritation, bruising, etc.
So, once you get a hold of a waist trainer, wear it for some time and see if you are hurting too much. If you are, give it up and go for the next one.
Some pain is indeed involved when it comes to wearing waist trainers, but not so much that your health is at risk.
Selecting the right fabric is also equally important. You need to see what hurts your skin and what doesn’t.
When it comes to fabrics, there are a lot of options out there. You get latex, cotton, vinyl, polyester, nylon, spandex, neoprene, vinyl, and so many others.
Latex is soft and breathable, but some people have latex-sensitive skin. So, it is a big no for them. Cotton is suitable for everyone because it is light, breathable, and a savior during those hot & boiling summer days. It easily absorbs those sweat droplets, does not smell bad, and prevents skin irritation.
Rubber is also trending now, but it can be unbearable to some people because it is pretty itchy and non-stretchy. So, make sure to check which fabric is the best for you.
- Body shape
When you are buying something to wear, your body shape or size will definitely matter. So, the same applies when you buy a waist trainer. Measuring your natural waist size, hip, bust, etc is necessary to choose the best waist trainer.
The natural waist is the narrowest part of your waist or the deepest fold when you bend side-wards. So, instead of checking where you measure the most, you need to see where you measure the least.
Height is another deciding factor. Generally, any height between 5’2” and 5’10” is considered average. So, if you are out of this category, you might find it harder to find a comfortable and cheap waist trainer for yourself.
And for this reason, short people are recommended to wear belts instead of waist trainers because they might have a shorter torso length. The selection process will also be tough for people on the curvy side of body type.
Some brands offer a variety of colors to choose from while some stick to the primary colors. This color issue is a big dilemma, especially during online purchasing, because many a time, what you see is not what you get.
Again, you are free to choose whichever color you want, but a nude color (or the color matching your skin tone) would be the wisest choice.
Because why would you want to leak the secret of your flawless figure in front of everyone?
- Other aspects
Other things help in making up the perfect waist trainer.
For example, if both ends of the corset meet at the back without any space for the lacing, the waist trainer is too big for you. This is one way in which you could check the fitting of the waist trainer. And if the trainer bulges or rolls (in or out), you have a size too big or too small for you.
Again, know that there is a major difference between snug and tight. Snug is harmless; tight is not. So, look for a cheap waist trainer that belongs to the category of the former and not the latter.
Also, look for either Velcro or more preferably, steel boning in your waist trainer for the adjusting purpose. Do not even look at the ones with plastic boning because, if they bend too much, they will break and poke into your skin.
It would be great if you go for the ones with memory steel bones because even if they bend, they will jump back to their original position. Many cheap waist trainers have thin ribbons instead of laces made of strong cord. Again no, because they are not strong enough to support the pressure.
Many waist trainers also have a hook-and-eye feature. It is either around the waist or on the front or back. No, there is nothing wrong with this, but do choose the arrangement that is easier for you to handle.
Cheap Waist Trainer Reviews
The first one we have is this surprisingly super comfortable and cheap waist trainer that has left almost all of its customers glad and wanting more. Packed with a lot of features, this waist trainer is indeed a very good catch.
- Very inexpensive.
- Only black in color.
- Has both versions – zipper and double Velcro.
- Neoprene + polyester + spandex fabric (for faster weight loss) with holes punched in for breathability.
- It helps in relieving & preventing back pain, postpartum recovery, posture alignment, and instant hourglass figure, and prevents herniated discs and other spine-related ailments.
- It can be easily worn underneath any outfit without being visible.
- Triple-layer zipper and double adjustable loop-and-hook closure.
- 5 rigid steel bones covered with thick canvas that is flexible in the right places.
- Easy hand washes.
- For everyday use, vigorous physical activities (like gym training) and for special occasions.
The second one on the list is again, a highly reviewed cheap waist trainer that does not belong to the talk and no action category. The functionality coupled with active and responsive customer service has helped it make it to the top of the buyer’s list.
- Two colors – skin and black.
- This under-bust trainer has two versions- 9 steel bones and 18 steel bones (both spiral).
- Core – 100% latex, Lining – 96% cotton + 4% spandex.
- The inner layer has an invisible latex cover to absorb sweat and allow the skin to breathe.
- 4-row hook-and-eye closure to freely adjust the size.
- Corrects posture, hunchback, post-maternal body, back pain, stretch marks, fat belly, etc.
- Does not bunch up in the back or cause an itchy feeling.
- Very affordable.
- It can also be worn as an underdress.
- Suitable for every occasion –special or everyday use.
- Reduces 3 to 5 inches if worn daily for 5 to 7 weeks.
The next is a perfectly comfortable and cheap waist trainer that continues to gain more customers and good reviews over time. Claimed awesome for weight loss, this waist trainer has many remarkable features as discussed below.
- Only one color- black.
- 100% neoprene composite fabric that is stretchy, comfortable, and durable.
- Longer front and shorter back to suit the female body and completely cover the belly.
- Easy to clean (handwash and no machine-wash/iron / dry clean) and does not bunch or roll up.
- 5 spiral memory steel bones.
- 3 rows of adjustable hooks, double-layered Velcro, and zipper to increase compression on the tummy.
- Speeds up perspiration, fat loss, postpartum recovery, posture alignment, etc.
- Daily use can reduce the body by up to 3 sizes while giving an instant reduction of 1 to 3 inches.
- Especially helpful during exercising.
The next is from a very popular brand in the compression garment industry for over 35 years. Also supported with satisfying reviews, this is another cheap waist trainer full of good features.
- 4 colors to choose from – purple, pink, black, and blue.
- 100% natural latex fabric which increases the sauna effect to burn more fat.
- Instant slimming of up to 3 inches.
- It can last several months even if used daily.
- 2 rows of hook-and-eye closure to adjust compression according to weight loss.
- Invisible if worn under the appropriate clothing.
- Strong and flexible boning to help maintain the right posture.
- Low price.
Check out our review of the 7 best Ann Cherry waist trainer.
The next contender is a promising and cheap waist trainer too experiences a happy and hourglass-figured fanbase. It assures you to be a support for every step of your weight loss plans.
With multiple features for every function, this will be a very good catch as well. And if you don’t like it, which is rare, you can also give it back according to the 30-day exchange or return policy.
- Only color – black.
- 6 covered spiral steel bones for added support.
- A zipper in addition to the 3 rows of hook-and-eye closure.
- Comfortable spandex + polyester fabric (no latex) for faster sweating.
- Works for both short and long torso.
- Mesh design and cotton lining to enhance breathability and absorb sweat.
- Waistline instantly reduces up to 3 inches.
- Suitable for all purposes.
- Aids in faster weight loss if coupled with regular exercise and a healthy diet.
- Easy hand wash (no iron/bleaching).
The final contender has garnered many rave reviews online from a lot of users. In fact, they have also said that they’d like to buy the product again and again. With a comfortable and soft fabric that does not at all inhibit any movement, this cheap waist trainer continues to win many hearts.
- 100% natural latex in a mesh design (BPA-free, SGS-tested) that is unharmful to one’s skin.
- 96% cotton + 4% spandex lining absorbs sweat and enhances breathability.
- 3 rows of hook-and-eye closure to adjust the size.
- 25 flexible fish scale memory steel bones for further support.
- Longer in the front and shorter in the back to provide maximum comfort.
- Instant reduction of about 3 to 4 inches of waistline.
- Affordable and lasts long.
- Promotes sweating, blood circulation, metabolism, fat burn, postpartum recovery, back pain relief, posture, and hunchback correction, lesser sport-related injuries, etc.
- It can be used for both everyday use and special occasions.
Waist trainers have become a great help to many people nowadays. Be it for instant slimming or back pain relief, these garments are being used for a variety of purposes. Moreover, online reviews suggest that they do work in reality.
So, if you have decided to get one of these for yourself, go for it. Just a few tips here and there and you are good to go. It won’t hurt to try, after all. And since this is a long-term investment, take your time. Lay down all your available options and narrow down, slowly and steadily, to your best one. And then enjoy your journey to a fitter and more confident you!
How much is a waist trainer?
A waist trainer can cost you anywhere from tens to a couple of hundred dollars. But do not shy away if the waist trainer you want is out of your budget because you can still find a cheap waist trainer that is just as good as the expensive one.
You can search for different brands directly or through e-commerce websites.
How much do waist trainers work?
A waist trainer is very effective for instant waistline reduction. But, if you regularly exercise with it and follow a healthy diet, you will also be able to see your silhouette becoming more defined over time. So yes, they work to a large extent, especially with your efforts.
Hi, I am Valerie. I love working out and trying out various products which help me maintain my fitness. I love reviewing products related to posture and pain relief that will help people in some way. I like to spend my extra time swimming, Running and Wall Climbing. I am a physiotherapist and have helped countless people lead a pain free life.