Tailbone pain, technically or in medicinal terms known as Coccydynia, can cause exquisite pain down your spine be it while trying to sit down, standing up from a chair or a sofa, or while leaning on your back. Use the best pillow for tailbone pain. In such cases, the way you sit or your sitting postures matter.
One way to alleviate this is to look for proper cushions or pillows that can ease your discomfort. That might get you a query regarding which pillow works the best or rather to put it in the right terms ‘what is the best pillow for tailbone pain’.
Before we proceed to choose an ideal pillow for easing your discomfort, you would want to clarify whether the ‘pillow solution’ is worth it.
Why do you need a pillow for tailbone pain relief?
Designed specifically for the tailbone, these carved pillows offer an ideal solution while you sit, be it your home, your car, or your office. Poor postures can put excess pressure on your coccyx or tailbone and can cause exquisite pain. These specifically carved and shaped pillows can help you relieve pressure in those sensitive areas.
You could think otherwise and opt for ice packs or massages. But to how much extent are they an ideal solution? The case with the pillows is one such solution. Statements from working professionals claim that any type of pillow that can keep pressure off your coccyx is ideal. Now, the lookout for the best pillow for tailbone pain relief is a personal preference.
To help you out in finding the best pillow for tailbone pain, we have listed a few factors that you need to consider before you choose the best pillow for tailbone pain relief. We also have made your work a lot easier by presenting you with product reviews of the best-selling cushions.
Stay with us till the end as we go along with you in helping you find the cushion of relief!
Best Pillow for Tailbone Pain – Buying Guide
Purchasing a pillow in a helter-skelter just because it is mentioned as worth it for spinal pain relief doesn’t solve the problem here. You need to find the perfect support cushion that matches your likes and eases down your discomforts be it while sitting or after a long ride. The characteristics to look for are as follows:
Factors to look for while choosing the best pillow for tailbone pain relief
1. Shape & Size
The size you are looking for should perfectly fit in with your posture as the perfect fit is what offers effective relief for your tailbone.
The shapes, however, are recommended based on the type and area of pain. For example, there are two premier-shaped pillows – ‘U-shaped’ & ‘O-shaped’ that are available in the market with each hovering over respective areas of pain.
- Most commonly recommended for tailbone pain relief.
- Designed ergonomically for providing a healthy posture.
- It offers relief by reducing excess pressure getting applied on the tailbone.
- Most commonly recommended for tailbone pain or post-natal relief, prostate, pregnancy, hemorrhoids, etc.
- Designed circularly to mold itself into the contours of the body.
- It offers relief by keeping weight off pressure points.
The material of the pillow or cushion is one of the aspects to look for when choosing the best pillow for tailbone pain. Your comfort levels and the ease of handling the pillows (like tossing them right into the washing machine when dirty!) come into the picture in this aspect.
Of all the vivid sorts of materials like seeds, cotton, plastic beads, sand, memory foam, gel, etc. high-density memory foam is the most sought-after material in a tailbone-pain relief pillow. This is because of its:
- Resilience – Its ability to bounce back to its original contour
- Comfort – Its inability to flatten out and hence offer the same comfort
- Ease in handling – It is washing machine friendly!
3. Type of Cover
The type of cover for a pillow matters as they tend to get dirty later if not now. This is because they are made to be sat on for longer durations and for supporting the postures while leaning, etc.
The Cover should be –
- Easily removable – So you can keep changing them whenever required.
- Machine washable – So your washing machine doesn’t require an extra hand to cleanse off the dirt.
- Breathable & Hygienic – So that they won’t turn up into smelly and uninvited molds because of getting moisturized.
If there is a misconception that the thicker the cushion, the better the performance in providing relief, then leave it off right away. It is more sensible to choose a cushion that can adapt to your needs no matter its bulkiness.
5. Reliability & Durability
It’s a no-brainer that Reliability & Durability are essential for any product. It is no different for our case too – ‘choosing the best pillow for tailbone pain’. Make sure the cushion you are going to reach out to is branded.
Check out its validity options. Make sure you have a warranty option to back up yourself in case of any discrepancy. Longevity with the same endurance is something that we are always looking for. So don’t compromise on that aspect for cheap offers.
6. Diversity of use
Try getting yourself a pillow that would fit not only you but also a variety of seats and environments like office chairs, vehicles, recliners, airplane seats, or even while meditation or yoga.
Now that you have looked upon the characteristics that you need to look for while purchasing the best pillow for tailbone pain, it’s time to look for them in the market.
Best Pillow for Tailbone Pain Reviews
- With its perfect cut-out and ergonomic design, it relieves any discomfort or soreness and promotes a healthy posture.
- It helps in supporting the recovery of lower back problems and other spinal issues.
- Being made of high-density memory foam and a gel layer to top it, it offers superior comfort with the gel nicely balancing the memory foam from being warmed up.
- With a non-slip rubber button, a built-in handle for easing transport, and a machine-washable zippered velour color for making it easy to clean, it is an all-in-one featured product.
- Quite comfortable to use be it home, office, vehicle seats, wheel-chair use, etc.
- All in all, the product is guaranteed fully. You could ask for payback if not satisfied.
- With its U-shaped ergonomic design, it alleviates pressure in strategic areas and hence relieves you of pain.
- Being made of pure memory foam, it perfectly fits in with the categories of durability and comfort.
- It evens out the weight you put on it and molds perfectly into the shape of your bottom on account of being heat-responsive.
- The fabric lets the cover stay in place. It’s easily removable and machine washable.
- It is the perfect stay-at-home accessory for pressure relief from long sitting and tailbone pain. It works fine with the office chair and driving seat as well.
- It’s guaranteed a replacement.
- It provides you the ultimate comfort while sitting with its perfectly cut U-shaped design.
- It helps most with sitting pains, be it tailbone, sciatica, or hip bone.
- Response to weight (evens it out) and heat (molds perfectly into the contour of your bottom) on account of being premium high-density memory foam.
- Its non-slip and machine washable cover helps you sit comfortably even while driving and can be cleaned easily.
- Easy to transport with its built-in handle and is great for office chairs, car seats, etc.
- Recommended for frequent travelers with tailbone pain.
- Money-back is guaranteed if not satisfied.
- This ergonomic seat cushion fits in perfectly for office chairs. Its U-shaped contour offers the right support for resting your tailbone and maintaining the natural curve of your spine.
- The cushion insert is of 100% Memory foam that molds into your bottom shape and helps in avoiding pressure.
- It comes with a removable and breathable black mesh cover thereby providing proper air circulation & avoids being smelly. Its non-slip rubber case helps it keep it in place.
- It perfectly fits cars, trains, or planes. Greatly recommended if you are one of those sitting for longer durations.
- 100% Money back guarantee if it doesn’t work out for you.
- The cushion fixes your sitting postures and helps the spine align properly by keeping the lower back in its natural arc, all thanks to its nicely U-shaped cut.
- Being made of high-quality 100% memory foam, it is responsive to weight and warmth. Offers optimal performance with room temperatures.
- It is made of appealing soft plush velvet and is machine washable. Being firmer along the sides helps from getting displaced.
- These are durable to all beatings.
- Guaranteed reimbursement of 100% when not satisfied with the product.
Now that you have reviewed the best sellers, choosing the best pillow for tailbone pain relief is left to you. Go on to improve your postures & begin to lead a more comfortable life. Make a move and get the right one bought for you today.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When to use them?
There isn’t a specific time to use them. But make sure they are with you whenever you are on drives or when you might be going to sit for long hours. Simply put, use them whenever there are activities of changing postures or being seated at a place for longer durations, or in cases of activities that involve having pressure on your lower body.
2. Are they effective enough?
Yes, they are. Working professionals & experts are convinced that using these cushions for proper postures and relieving pain is indeed effective and ideal.
3. How long until getting a natural posture back?
It depends on the severity of the pain, the issue, and how long you are using the pillows. From days to weeks or weeks to months, it can take any duration to get it back.
4. How long should one use them in a day?
Using them whenever there are activities that might put pressure on your lower body, when sitting for longer durations, or in cases affecting your posture is essential. You can opt for not using them when in other cases than those mentioned to ease and flex off your muscles.