So, here you are, probably sitting on your bed as you munch on chips, scrolling through Instagram wondering if the famous #instamodels came with rocking hot bodies straight out of the womb. You want someone to say “body goals” under your pictures too, but there’s always that one layer of body fat holding you back from reaching your final form.
Well, the good news is- you’re only one waist trainer away from your dreams…and a few workouts too- but hey, pain is gain, and in this case, okay- you’re losing. Losing the body rolls and the wishful thinking because you’re done barking, and it’s time to bite.
Now, waist training by itself slims down your body quite a bit, giving your waist that concaves edge you’ve longed for. But there’s only so much waist training you can do. You can abuse your waist trainer for months together- but then what? What if your body goes back to its initial form?
Well, the only efficient solution to this problem is to work out whilst waist training. Working out consistently keeps your body healthy so that you can retain the effects of your waist training even after.
Before we figure out what are waist training exercises, riddle with this: Why waist training exercises? This is because working out:
- It makes your body sweat more and this, in turn, burns fatter.
- The combination of working out and waist training will perfect the cinch of your waist into a luscious, smooth curve.
- Tightening your muscles is important while working out. A waist trainer helps you do exactly that by compressing your abdominal area. This leads to faster and better results.
So, that said, what exercises can you do while using a waist trainer?
Generally, you should combine abs exercises with your waist trainers to help your stomach to reel it in. All abs exercises will work wonderfully, but if you’re wondering what the waist training exercises are, continue reading!
- The Wall Ball Squat: You can use a stability ball, squat against the wall, and stay there for as long as you can. The exercise makes use of your quads, thighs, and abs to help you stay up so the respective fat is burned.
- Leg Raises: Leg raises are a popular ab exercise. Unlike common exercises that target just the upper stomach, leg raises work on your lower stomach and obliques. All you have to do is lie down on your back and then slowly lift your legs and drop them down (but don’t let them touch the ground). This tightens your core and blasts belly fat.
- Planks: An overused but worthy exercise is the painful, painful plank. Hold yourself up on your forearms and toes for about a minute or two and let your core tighten and shake. This not only helps reduce fat but also strengthens your abs.
More exercises that you can do include:
- Try a full-blown Pilates circuit.
- Cardio is the best way to get your heart pumping and body shredding fat. Use cardio to get rid of your muffin top quicker. Cardio includes doing stuff like walking, running, cycling, etc.
- HIIT exercises refer to high-intensity exercises that last for a very short period and give you a break before getting right back to them.
Exercising and waist training can get too much, maybe even cause injuries. To prevent muscle sprains and soreness, make sure to cool off after your workout with a good, soothing stretching routine.
Exercising whilst waist training can be a dangerous area to tread on. For your safety, you should follow the following rules:
- Make sure to cover your skin with a tank top or any material of any sort under your waist trainer to prevent rashes that might arise due to sweat from exercising.
- You can wear your waist trainer during heavy-weight training to keep your abs tight and secure.
- Don’t tighten your trainer too much. This might cause your abs to be too restricted and cut off the efficient air supply, leading to difficulty in mobility and breathing.
- Don’t wear your waist trainer for more than 8 hours per day. Wearing a waist trainer for more than 8 hours can strain your muscles and cause soreness.
- Quality is important because this decides the level of comfort and effectiveness of your waist trainer. So make sure to pick out your trainer carefully.
Now you know what are the waist training exercises, so go ahead and put on your waist trainer and get that hot body!
Hi, I am Valerie. I love working out and trying out various products which help me maintain my fitness. I love reviewing products related to posture and pain relief that will help people in some way. I like to spend my extra time swimming, Running and Wall Climbing. I am a physiotherapist and have helped countless people lead a pain free life.