Before we get started with our recommendations of the best rowing machine for you, let us first understand what a rowing machine is and how it is beneficial for you.
With a brand new year beginning, all of us have started to set our own set of resolutions for the year. For many of us, one of the biggest resolutions is to take better care of our health. Usually, during this time of the year, gym memberships are at an all-time high. However, given the current pandemic, we are going through, going to the gym may be risky and stressful. Under these circumstances, it is always better to work out at home.
Some people may not be satisfied with this statement because they think that working out at home may not be as effective as working out in the gym. Well, a part of this may be true. But what if we bring the gym to our homes? Buying gym equipment like a rowing machine may help immensely with being able to perform great workouts at home.
- 1 Best Budget Rowing Machine – Buying Guide
- 2 Best Budget Rowing Machine Reviews
- 3 FAQs
Best Budget Rowing Machine – Buying Guide
Are you looking forward to purchasing the best rowing machine for yourself? Here are some major factors you should look for if you want to make the most value for money purchase for yourself.
Factors To Look For In The Best Rowing Machines
A rowing machine may indeed be amazing for your posture; however, at the end of the day, it is not to be forgotten that they are heavy-duty machinery. Since they are heavy-duty, they are also on the more expensive side of the price spectrum when it comes to gym equipment. Make sure you do your research and consider the below-mentioned factors so that you can make the purchase of the best rowing machine for yourself.
- Price: This is one of the most important factors to consider before you purchase a rowing machine for yourself. There is a huge variety of rowing machines that are available across a wide price range. If you are experienced when it comes to gym equipment, you may choose to opt for more expensive variants.
However, if you are someone who is just getting started with fitness equipment, it is better to choose the more affordable ones and not jump into making a huge investment all at once. There are also various affordable brands that make sure that you get the best services at an affordable price. All you need is some time and proper research to find out a product that is not only effective but is also affordable.
- Brand: usually, there is no restriction as to which brands you should buy from. However, there are a few brands that may indeed be considered when it comes to buying rowing machines. Why is the brand so important for you to make the best purchase for yourself you may ask? This is because even though there are various brands in the market, there are very few that actually stand up to their name.
A good brand is one that has been around in the market for quite a while and has various positive reviews on the internet. It is best that you browse through a number of brands before you set out to purchase the best rowing machine for yourself. it is recommended to opt for brands that have been around for some time because they have huge customer loyalty and provide better warranty policies that are integral when it comes to gym equipment. Some of the best-branded rowers include the rowing machines like the hydro rower, NordicTrack rower, and the like.
- Space: another important factor that you should consider before you purchase the best rowing machine for yourself is space. Usually, gym equipment takes up a lot of space and are heavy duty. Like all other gym equipment, rowing machines also may be very heavy duty and take up a lot of space. However, thanks to technology and the creativity of various people in the fitness industry, many new variants of the rowing machine have come up that do not take as much space as the mainstream rowing machines.
If you are someone who has limited space at their home, then make sure you opt for a rowing machine that is small in size and is optimally sized for your living space. You may choose to opt for a bigger variant of a rowing machine, however, if that doesn’t fit well in the room it may get in the way of the optimality of the rowing machine so choose wisely.
- Workout requirements: You can also select a rowing machine according to the type of your workout requirements. Certain rowing machines are built in a certain way to meet certain workout requirements. If you are someone who wants to add some bulk to your body then you may choose to go with rowing machines that provide more resistance than the other rowing machines.
If you are someone who is not looking forward to gaining much muscle and wants to do rowing exercise just for flexibility and strength, then opt for rowing machines that have less resistance. There are a variety of rowing machines with certain specifications that may appeal to you if you have similar preferences. The trick to buying the perfect rowing machine for yourself is to know what you want from your rowing machine.
These are a few of the many factors that you should consider before you purchase the best budget rowing machine for yourself. As you go through the article, you will see other factors that need attention as well. In order to make the best purchase for yourself, make sure you read till the need of the article.
Best Budget Rowing Machine Reviews
Now that we know about the factors that you should be looking for when it comes to buying the best budget rowing machine for yourself, let us dive into some of our best recommendations when it comes to rowing machines. We have made sure that we put in in-depth research and tried to put as many varieties of rowing machines into our list so that you can get a birds-eye view of all the variants you may choose from.
If you are looking for the best budget air rowing machine, then this may be the best buy for you. Read on to know why.
- Do amazing workouts: The best budget home rowing machine is one that won’t only help you to work out in the comfort of your own home but will also help you to reach your fitness goals efficiently. One of the main reasons why this may be the best budget air rowing machine is that it isn’t only affordable, but also gives amazing results if you are looking forward to toning your forearms, biceps, triceps, shoulders, legs, thighs, and any other part of your body.
- Advance technology: This rowing machine uses advanced state of the art technology to effectively target the portions you want to work on. If you are looking forward to losing some weight or toning certain parts of the body then this is the best budget rowing machine you can invest in.
- Strong quality material: One of the major factors that you should consider before purchasing a rowing machine for yourself is quality. This air rowing machine is made up of the best quality and can sustain a substantial weight of about 250 lbs. The rowing machine is designed in such a way that it can fit bodies of all shapes and sizes.
- Many levels of resistance: Whether you are a beginner or an experienced fitness enthusiast, this rowing machine has something for everyone. Just by the twist of a knob easily select from 8 levels of resistance. Since there are so many levels of resistance, it is easy to select from and curate a workout that suits your fitness goals.
- One year warranty: This product comes with a one year warranty.
Before we get into more details as to how this may be the water rowing machine for you let us first know what a water rowing machine is. This rowing machine doesn’t mean it can be rowed in any water body, but a water rowing machine can surely give you the feel of rowing in an actual water body. How does this water rowing machine do that? Read on to find out.
- Water resistance: As the name suggests, this water rowing machine works with water resistance. Many fitness enthusiasts are of the opinion that water rowing machines are in a way better than other variants of rowing machines. This is because the flow of water provides a very natural and efficient form of resistance that is known to be more effective than other variants of rowing machines.
- This water rowing machine comes is rustproof and has been designed to be able to withstand even the toughest of workout routines. So whether you are someone who has just gotten started with resistance training or you are someone experienced, this water resistance rowing machine is the best for you.
- Adjustable pedal: This water rowing machine comes with an adjustable pedal that has strong straps. This pedal helps to easily control your rowing machine without any difficulty. No matter what the size of your feet, the straps will provide you with optimum stability in order to do all your exercises. These pedals are also built in a way that there is an almost negligible chance of hurting yourself by slipping. So if you are a beginner and don’t know where to start, this may be the best buy for you.
- Easily portable: If you are looking for the best foldable rowing machine then this is the perfect buy for you. The best foldable rowing machine is one that will fold easily and can be carried around with ease.
- This rowing machine does not only provide that but also comes with transportable wheels that make transportation even easier. So whether you want to work out at home or at the gym, you can easily shift your rowing machine to wherever you find it easy to work out. This also makes it easy to store in small places.
- Comfortable seat: This water rowing machine has a very comfortable seat and can easily seat anyone easily. It has an ergonomic design that makes sure you stay protected from harming yourself due to too much pressure. This is great for people who have some issues with their back and still want to do rowing exercises. With this, you can easily do your exercises without harming your back.
- Floor stabilizers: We all know how we hate any kind of wobbly machinery in the gym. The wobbliness greatly affects the quality of the workout and may even prove to be harmful to us. However, this will not be the case with this rowing machine. This is because this rowing machine comes with floor stabilizers. Simply pull the lever and adjust it according to the level of the floor for ultimate stability.
- Comes with a monitor: We can know real progress only if we monitor it carefully. This rowing machine comes with a monitor that shows your rowing intensity in terms of time, speed, calories, distance, and heart rate. This way you can celebrate even your small goals and achievements as you progress.
NordicTrack is one of the most famous brands when it comes to rowing machines. Here is why this NordicTrack rower makes it to our list of the best budget rowing machines.
- 22” HD Interactive Touchscreen display: As if the amazing rowing machine wasn’t enough, this rowing machine comes with a 22-inch television that is pre-loaded with various rowing workouts that you may refer to.
- 26 levels of resistance: The NordicTrack rower makes sure that it auto-adjusts the resistance on your rowing machine so that you can easily do your workout without having to worry too much about manually adjust the level of resistance. The NordicTrack rower makes sure that it simulates real-life rowing hence making the experience even more enjoyable.
- Space-saving: This NordicTrack rower can be folded in half. The unique SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance makes it very easy to exercise silently without disturbing anyone.
- 250-pound capacity: This rower can withstand up to 250 pounds and hence people of all shapes and sizes can use this rowing machine to workout.
- Long warranty period: This rowing machine has an amazing warranty policy. It comes with a 0-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and a 1-year labor warranty.
The concept 2 model d rowing machine is indeed one of the best-rated rowing machines in the market. This rowing machine meets all your rowing needs and makes sure you get the perfect workout every single time. Read on to find out why this concept 2 model d rowing machine is the best in the market and why you should most definitely invest in this beauty.
- Reliable monitor: Track your progress accurately with the help of a reliable monitor that comes with this concept 2 model d rowing machine. This monitor easily records your workouts and progress for your next workout so that you can refer to them easily. This also records things like time, distance, and intervals. Not only this, but this monitor is also loaded with games so that you can enjoy your workout alongside training.
- Air resistance: This concept 2 model d rowing machine works with air resistance that can be easily controlled with the help of a damper. There are 10 levels of dampening which make sure you can easily select the level of resistance that is most suitable for you. This is why this concept 2 model d rowing machine is good for both beginners and advanced fitness professionals and enthusiasts.
- Easy to assemble and store: This concept 2 model d rowing machine is not only among the most efficient rowing machines but also is very easy to assemble, move and store. This rowing machine can be easily assembled with just 8 screws. Forget having to do too much hard work to move around the rowing machine. With the help of the carter wheels, easily shift your rowing machine to your preferred location without much hassle.
- Connects with a number of fitness apps: If you are someone who takes your progress very seriously then you may connect this rowing machine to a number of fitness apps that will easily help you to track your progress on your devices with much ease. This is another reason why the concept 2 model d rowing machine is an absolute favorite among fitness enthusiasts.
Looking for a budget rowing machine and don’t want to compromise on your fitness goals? If the answer is yes then this may be the perfect product for you. Read on to find out why this rowing machine is the best budget rowing machine in its range. After reading all its features you will surely get to know why this rowing machine is such a steal for its price.
- Digital monitor: If you are looking for the best inexpensive rowing machine that can easily track your fitness goals like a pro then make sure you go for this rowing machine. This rowing machine will track time, count, calories, total count, and scan so that you can easily track your progress without much hassle. This classy monitor is one of the many reasons why this could be the best inexpensive rowing machine in its range.
- Adjustable magnetic resistance: The best magnetic rowing machine is one that easily lets you control the magnetic resistance and lets you choose from a number of levels of resistance. This rowing machine does exactly that. This flexibility makes it the best magnetic rowing machine in its range.
- Easy movement: This rowing machine comes with wheels that enable the rowing machine to be easily moved from here to there without much hassle. This is particularly very helpful to those who do not like exercising in one place and need a change of working place every now and then.
- Non-slip foot pedals: The non-slip foot pedals make sure that you remain stable while rowing and do not cause yourself any injury while working out. These adjustable foot straps can fit feet of any size and are hence suited for everyone.
Looking for the best home rowing machine that helps you reach your fitness goals? You are at the right place. Read on to find out why this product in particular may be the best home rowing machine in its range.
- 14 level adjustable resistance: The best rowing machines have a wide range of resistances that can be adjusted accordingly. This rowing machine has a 14 level adjustable resistance that can be easily adjusted according to your fitness goals or preference.
- Quality foot stabilizers: Foot stabilizers help immensely with stability and directly affect and enhance the quality of your workouts.
- Authentic: This rower has been extensively tested for quality and is approved by Amazon and Good Merchant USA.
The best foldable rowing machine is one that can be easily folded and stored without much hassle. Read on to know more about why this is maybe the best foldable rowing machine in its range.
- Strong and reliable: This rowing machine is made up of heavy-duty material that makes it very strong and reliable and is suitable for all kinds of workouts.
- 8 level resistance: This rowing machine has an 8 level resistance that you can easily adjust according to your preference.
- Comfortable: The seat is very comfortable and the rowing machine is designed in such a way that it gives you maximum comfort while you work out.
- LCD screen: This rowing machine comes with an LCD screen that helps you track your progress and reach your fitness goals faster.
Usually, since rowing machines are heavy duty and are more on the expensive side of the price spectrum, it is always recommended to do your research before you purchase one for yourself. This is a one-time investment and hence you should ask as many questions as possible.
If you are new to the world of fitness and have a lot of questions in your mind then this section, in particular, may be very helpful to you. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about rowing machines that will definitely help you in making the best purchase for yourself.
Is rowing bad for your back?
Usually, rowing on a rowing machine has no such adverse effects on your back. In fact, this exercise may contribute to strengthening your back muscles if done properly. However, as we know too much of anything is harmful to us. if you do not do the exercise carefully and put too much pressure on your back then you may get back injuries.
Also, if you have issues with your back and have a history of back-related problems and take medicines, then it is recommended that you do rowing exercises under strict supervision or completely avoid them. It is also recommended that you do not do any kind of exercises on a rowing machine if you have any physical problems. This is because exercising on a rowing machine requires resistance and may further contribute to your back-related ailments.
Is rowing bad for your knees?
The most important thing when it comes to rowing is position and posture. The position of your knees is very important when it comes to rowing exercises. If you are unable to position your knees correctly then rowing may have an adverse effect on your knees.
It is also recommended to not go following machines if you are someone who has any bone-related ailments and takes medicines for the same. However, low to moderate exercises may help in increasing flexibility in your knees if you do not have any illnesses. Make sure you use only as much resistance as you can handle as a heavier weight may damage your knees.
Is rowing better than running?
Since these two are completely different exercises and target different areas of the body, it wouldn’t be fair to compare both the exercises with each other. However, the preference may differ from person to person in some cases. If you are someone who loves cardio then running is definitely better for you. If you are someone who likes exercising indoors, then please go rowing. It may also depend on other things.
If you are looking forward to toning your upper body then rowing would be the best for you. If you are someone who wants to tone their lower body and love exercising outdoors then running may be the best option for you. Either way, both are amazing exercises and do wonders for your body if done correctly. It is your responsibility to do your research and choose the best kind of workout for yourself.
Does rowing tone your arms?
Most rowing machine techniques require a lot of movement in the arms and the upper body region and is hence great for toning the same. However, it may not be solely enough to tone your arms and you may require some other exercises to see optimum toning in your arms. But if you are looking forward to toning your arms substantially, then make sure you do other exercises by the side along with rowing machine techniques. Certain aerobic exercises and yoga positions help immensely with toning arms.
What is the best rowing machine for home use?
To purchase the best budget rowing machine from the best brands make sure you go through our list of recommendations.it mentions the best brands in the market that have been carefully selected with the help of extensive research. Make sure you go through our list entirely for you to make the best purchase for yourself. One of our recommendations for the best budget home rowing machine would be the hydro rower.
The hydro rower is a very advanced rowing machine and is hence on the more expensive side of the price spectrum. However, since the hydro rower is so well equipped, it is one of the favorites of all fitness enthusiasts. You may opt for a hydro rower if you are a professional and know how to operate a rowing machine easily.
It is to be remembered that even though this is among the most quality products in the market, there are other rowing machines that are just as good. In order to purchase the best budget home rowing machine make sure you do your research.
Is it OK to use a rowing machine every day?
Usually, it is ok to use a rowing machine every day as there are indeed a variety of rowing machine benefits. This is because rowing is really good for toning the arms and the upper body. However, fitness experts suggest that doing the same exercise after an interval is more effective than doing the exercise every single day.
If you are looking for something slightly aerobic then you may easily choose to exercise on your rowing machine every day. However, if you have some fitness goals that you need to achieve, then it is recommended that you do them after intervals. Either way, you can reap most of the rowing machine benefits easily. Using a rowing machine every day is safe only if done in moderate intensity. Make sure you do not overdo it as that would result in more harm than good.
How good is a rowing machine workout?
A rowing machine is one of the best investments you can make if you are someone who loves working out indoors. It is also helpful if you are looking for effective and affordable ways to tone your arms. Rowing machine workouts have proven to be very effective for many fitness enthusiasts and hence if you are looking for some substantial results then a rowing machine will indeed be the best purchase for you.